Texas Fishing Forum

GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan

Posted By: Monte Coon

GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 04:27 AM

Come join us at Moritz Chevrolet Thursday May 28th!!!

Bassmaster Elite Series Pro Mike Kernan is going to show us how to get the most out of our GoPros. It will be an informal class where Mike will teach us all the tricks with plenty of time for questions and answers. He will also give away a GoPro in a drawing and all you have to do to be eligible is show up. My Moritz Team will provide dinner and drinks it's gonna be a great time. Please RSVP here so we have plenty to eat and drink I look forward to seeing you there!!!
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 09:37 AM

Monte, What time and what is the address? Hopefully we will see you there!

texas

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Cowtown Kid
Monte, What time and what is the address? Hopefully we will see you there!

texas

I knew I left something out it starts at 7pm

Moritz Chevrolet
9101 Camp Bowie West
Fort Worth Texas
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 11:37 AM

thumb
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 01:25 PM

I'll be there!
Posted By: neill10

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 01:51 PM

Think someone can record it and post it later on here?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 01:52 PM

Count me in as well.

Really liked mine, but go so frustrated with it I ended up selling it.
Posted By: firetiger

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: neill10

Great idea, since some of us are to far away to attend.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 02:18 PM

There will probably be a few GoPros there to get it done.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 02:46 PM

I'll be there. Need tips
on how to make mine record longer than 30 seconds.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
I'll be there. Need tips
on how to make mine record longer than 30 seconds.

OMG

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 04:25 PM

Guys quick comment here that Mike will be sharing some great tips and tricks and we will make sure that everyone's Q's get answered but Mike is NOT tech support or customer service. For those of you with camera issues or warranty items please visit gopro.com to get those issues resolved. We will have some extra prizes to throw in for this event as well. Should be a good time.

Big thanks to Monte and Moritz for the hospitality.
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Count me in as well.

Fish Killer We were talking about getting you a new Chevrolet.
Lets get you a new Go Pro and a new Silverado! rock

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: T Gutierrez
Count me in as well.

Fish Killer We were talking about getting you a new Chevrolet.
Lets get you a new Go Pro and a new Silverado!

Hopefully I will have one before then. Been waiting for these storms to let up. My luck I will sign the paper work leave the dealership and get hailed on all the way home.....
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/15/15 08:45 PM

Sounds like a great time, count me and Debbie in. Thanks Mike, Monte, and the Moritz staff for doing this!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/16/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Sounds like a great time, count me and Debbie in. Thanks Mike, Monte, and the Moritz staff for doing this!

Sounds good Steve we will see you here.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/17/15 04:10 AM

Monte, where should we go when we get to the dealership? You can count me in for sure. Last time I was down that way, I had just ended a great pursuit with some burglary suspects... Great times for sure

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/17/15 07:16 PM

Mike I hope you got the bad guys!!!

7pm at the Chevy showroom we will have the grills going and Mike is going to show us some pretty cool tricks to get the most out your GoPro.

We are also giving one away in a drawing along with some other cool prizes.
Posted By: triton20x

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/17/15 10:59 PM

Monte count me in. I am going to have to miss a softball game but it will be worth it. Thanks for doing this. Do you need anything food wise? I know a guy who could smoke some pork loin LOL.
Posted By: Classic Used Boats

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/18/15 09:29 PM

Looking forward to the event!
Posted By: David Rush

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/19/15 12:56 AM

Is there a Classic Used Boats shuttle service?
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/19/15 01:05 AM

Count me in Monte may have the other half if that's ok. Thanks to moritz and Mike for putting this on.
Posted By: Sean Frederick (sfbassfishing)

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/19/15 01:51 AM

Me and the wife will be there. We live in the apartments right behind Moritz!!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/19/15 05:03 AM

Sure David, we will coordinate a pickup!
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/19/15 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Classic Used Boats
Sure David, we will coordinate a pickup!

Sounds like Chris is the DD that evening...

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/20/15 02:00 AM

I'm in.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/20/15 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
Count me in Monte may have the other half if that's ok. Thanks to moritz and Mike for putting this on.

Absolutely bring who ever you would like we are looking forward to meeting you.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/21/15 02:34 PM

I have a GoPro hero 4 silver we will give away at this event to one lucky attendee! Come on out!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/22/15 02:50 PM

Food, drinks , and somebody is getting a GoPro! Heck of a deal... Thanks for doing this Monte and Mike. Should be fun and even though I've had pretty good luck with mine (minimal reading) I still have a couple questions.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/23/15 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: David Rush
Food, drinks , and somebody is getting a GoPro! Heck of a deal... Thanks for doing this Monte and Mike. Should be fun and even though I've had pretty good luck with mine (minimal reading) I still have a couple questions.

Sounds good David we will see you there!!!
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/24/15 03:00 AM

I got a Go Pro two years ago and got so dang frustrated trying to use it.... I just gave up! I'll be there, maybe I can find my Go Pro camera?. Great time to have some Truck Specials too...right up front!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/27/15 06:26 PM

Tomorrow is the night if anybody else is planning to attend please let us know so we have plenty of food. We look forward to seeing you at Moritz Chevrolet!!!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 03:03 AM

We're lookking to get a head count so we can get our learning center set up and buy the groceries.
We will be grilling fajitas that are sure to impress.
So far we have at least one Go Pro camera to give out, a few pair of Oakley sunglasses and couple more free oil changes.
The more responses to this thread will garner more food and more prizes!

Tight lines to all, let's get a head count!!
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 06:45 PM

I will be there with a plus one. Really been looking forward to go to a tutorial to learn more about the crazy little thing. Have done pretty well with it but would like to learn more of the settings and editing
Posted By: cren

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 06:47 PM

I will be there.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 07:08 PM

When can we have one on this side of town or even BPS at Grapevine?

Unless my license plates are ready, then I might drive over.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Wornick
When can we have one on this side of town or even BPS at Grapevine?

Unless my license plates are ready, then I might drive over.

Tony I was hoping they were here but they are not yet I will check again tomorrow and let you know I wish you could make it!!!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 09:41 PM

Will be there a little early tonight to do some shopping.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 09:50 PM

Will be there a little early tonight to do some shopping.

Bout time you bought a real truck.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/28/15 09:57 PM

I'll be providing a 30% off code for a GoPro camera purchase (online only) to everyone who attends tonight. Be sure to give Mike/Monte your email address when you arrive. Wish I could be there. Enjoy!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 02:48 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for putting that on. Food was great and learned a lot! For those that missed it you will be sure to learn something when they get the video up.
Posted By: triton20x

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 03:13 AM

Great class by Mike tonight. Thanks to Monte for the great chow and Mike for all the great lessons.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 03:33 AM

Big Thanks to Mike Kernan for putting on his Go Pro class tonite was very informative and learned alot also, big thanks to Monte, tony and the whole crew at Moritz for putting this on and supplying all the food and drinks was great. Also thanks for the extra door prizes 3 pair of Oakley's, some oil changes and thanks for Mark Perry donating some of his swimbaits not sure how Michele wins his swimbaits everytime he donates them but i'll be bringing her every time he donates them. grin

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 05:19 AM

Yea mike was really well spoken and very approachable. You know it's funny my girl had a really bad migraine and did not really want to go. she went ahead and came along I told her I need you to get me a pair of Oakley's that are polarized. I already had the camera so that would've been a special treat both of our names got drawn she said I was lucky that I had told her that on the way because she was thinking about offering one of the people who got an oil change to trade the oil change for the glasses lmbo. I told her I would change her oil haha. Thanks again monte and the whole moritz and go pro teams for coming together and put it on. For those who watch the video pay attention to the loop discussion. I was always upset when I would come across a good-looking stretch and start videoing and either strike out or your way longer than what I thought without hooking up. With that Loop feature now I can video constantly and automatically edit right there on the boat and save memory with out previewing the clip, and without missing anything because I was worried about space.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 01:42 PM

I will have the video posted soon.
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 03:40 PM

Debbie and I had a great time. Thanks Monte, Mike, Tony and all at Moritz for doing this. Very informative. To a non-tech person like me, a little confusing but that's why I brought Debbie along!!
Thanks Mark and GoPro for the discount coupons and camera donation, Oakley for the glasses, Mark Perry for the swim baits and Moritz for the oil changes (hope I didn't leave anyone out).I was lucky enough to win the GoPro camera!! Since we already have a Hero 3 Black Edition, we will be donating this to the Cara Young Fish For Life silent auction.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Debbie and I had a great time. Thanks Monte, Mike, Tony and all at Moritz for doing this. Very informative. To a non-tech person like me, a little confusing but that's why I brought Debbie along!!
Thanks Mark and GoPro for the discount coupons and camera donation, Oakley for the glasses, Mark Perry for the swim baits and Moritz for the oil changes (hope I didn't leave anyone out).I was lucky enough to win the GoPro camera!! Since we already have a Hero 3 Black Edition, we will be donating this to the Cara Young Fish For Life silent auction.

hated missing you guys as well. Ain't seen most of ya'll since the FnS show early in year. Knowing Kernan and all involved you guys got a real valuable lesson. Wish I had made it out.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 04:36 PM

Thanks to all who showed last night.
Thank you to Mike Kernan, Keith Odom, Mark Jones, Mark Perry, Oakley and Go Pro.
We hope to have more events in the future including a few fish clinics from a few of the Pro/ semi pro anglers who we have been fortunate enough to meet.
Sorry to rush everyone out last minute but the storms were about pound us.
Glad to know everyone made it home un scathed! Lol

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/29/15 11:30 PM

I second all the great things said above. Mike did an outstanding job of telling us how to get the most out of our GoPros and motivated me to try new things with mine. Thanks to Monte and crew for the great food. I only wish there had been a drawing for left over sauces and salsas. It was good stuff!!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 05/30/15 01:16 AM

Thank you to everybody that came out we appreciate you and are glad it was so beneficial to everybody that attended. thumb

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/01/15 04:23 PM

A few photos from the seminar. Kernan had a lot of good information. Wish I would have made it earlier. My 2 hour and 20 minute drive to Moritz took 3 hours and 45 minutes due to a wreck on 30 and DFW traffic.

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/01/15 04:23 PM

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/01/15 10:07 PM

cheers
Posted By: John175☮

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/01/15 10:09 PM

Now that's an award winning goatee. Looks like a good time had by all. Wish I could have made it. cheers
Posted By: neill10

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 02:17 AM

Did any body film this?

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 03:52 AM

Did any body film this?

Mike has it and will be posting.
He has a lot on his plate so we will be sure to let everyone know when it's available.
Posted By: firetiger

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 04:01 AM

Looking forward to the video!

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 11:51 AM

Here's the extra batteries and charger I mentioned at the seminar. I haven't tested them, but B&H has never sold us a bad product. $29 for 2 batteries and a charger.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/10...harger_for.html

Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 12:20 PM

Those are 18$ on ebay.^ I haven't
Actually tested the battery life
but I can't tell the difference.
I wanna say I paid 9.99 for the package
a year ago. Well worth it.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: GoPro lessons with the Pro May 28th Moritz Chevrolet with Mike Kernan - 06/02/15 01:29 PM

Looking forward to seeing the demo.
As Tony G said, Mike is busy and is Kentucky this week
for BassFest.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum