Texas Fishing Forum

Phoenix boats

Posted By: Knott Head

Phoenix boats - 07/15/15 01:21 AM

Anyone with a Phoenix boat on here? I noticed a crack below the rub rail after being in rough water.
Phoenix will not cover under warranty. Anyone else experienced similar issues with their Phoenix?
Posted By: papamark

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/16/15 02:03 PM

Did you buy it new or used ?

If you bought it used you had to buy the warranty, I think it was about 150 and only good for 5 years
Posted By: RecLending.com

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/16/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Knott Head
Anyone with a Phoenix boat on here? I noticed a crack below the rub rail after being in rough water.
Phoenix will not cover under warranty. Anyone else experienced similar issues with their Phoenix?

We don't do anything with boat warranty.
Thank you,
Ken
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/21/15 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Knott Head
Hard to believe they wont unless they think it was done by you hitting something. They have been great on fixin the few issues my boat had.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/21/15 03:39 PM

So far I've been very pleased with their customer service.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/22/15 03:39 PM

Have you gone direct to the guys at Phoenix? Their customer service is outstanding.

I have a couple of cracks in my gel coat, but nothing structurally wrong. I have showed it to my dealer, they may get fixed at some point.
Posted By: Knott Head

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/23/15 02:15 AM

We bought it brand new from Shipp's Marine in Gladewater. The boat is only 2.5 yrs old.
Other anglers have told me the crack is a natural stress fracture that other boat manufactures
Cover under warranty. Very disappointed with Phoenix. I don't recommend them or Shipp's Marine.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Phoenix boats - 07/29/15 09:18 PM

Under warranty and they will not repair; another reason not to buy a Phoenix. There will probably be more to follow. Try posting this in the Bass section and you may get some positive results. bang

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/02/15 01:26 AM

mad
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/02/15 12:50 PM

All Manufactures have in their warranty they DO NOT cover stress cracks. I assume this is not a structure problem or they would have fixed it. Why are they saying they do not want to cover it, did they say you hit something, they would have given you some reason.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/04/15 02:31 PM

I always love threads like this. Sure glad its not a Nitro, would have been ten pages by now!

Hopefully the situation gets worked out, I love my boat and have had no complaints in the over two years I've had mine. The surface crack or two I have in my gel coat are minor, barely feel them with a fingernail.
Posted By: YAMADOGGY

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/07/15 03:53 AM

that's why all ranger, champion and others quality is suffering after GENMAR. now all thrown together in flippin at the ranger site......quality down and price up. I own a champion and its a good boat but all these mergers aint good....a good company can do things outside warranty to please customers when no obvious neglect has taken place....my opinion
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/07/15 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: YAMADOGGY
that's why all ranger, champion and others quality is suffering after GENMAR. now all thrown together in flippin at the ranger site......quality down and price up. I own a champion and its a good boat but all these mergers aint good....a good company can do things outside warranty to please customers when no obvious neglect has taken place....my opinion

Champion is no more. Genmar is long gone too.
I will also respectfully disagree on the level of service at Flippin. My experiences as an owner of one of their brands has been nothing short of excellent. I have always talked to a person when I have ordered parts or had questions and they have bent over backwards for me. They have shipped 2 parts when I was not sure what I needed and waited till I verified what I needed before I was charged for it. Despite the mergers you speak of the same people that have been there for years are doing the same jobs just like they did under Mr. Wood's ownership.

Re: Phoenix boats - 08/07/15 03:57 PM

Just ask Big Ol Sack about his brand new Ranger! OMG
Posted By: Emerson Biggens

Re: Phoenix boats - 11/28/15 01:20 AM

Not anymore, top three are gone. Heerrrreeee's Johnny!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Phoenix boats - 11/29/15 02:28 PM

The guys at Phoenix are awesome as well as their boats Im sure if it was a structural defect on the boat itself I know they would fix it. I had my front deck lids leaking first took it to dealer they didnt fix it next Tim at Phoenix sent a driver to my house and picked it up when they finished the driver brought it back to my house. You would not get that from any other brand out there. They are good people so there must be something your holding out on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum