Texas Fishing Forum

Never Registered Trailer

Posted By: rob4

Never Registered Trailer - 07/21/21 02:35 AM

Bought a new boat trailer new from OK trailer company, they delivered it down to TX. Use it only to move my boat from the water to the yard once a year to do annual maintenance (private boat ramp). So, never needed to register or title it, as it was never on the road. Now want to sell the boat and the trailer. Is that as easy as just giving the guy who buys it the bill of sale from the trailer place in OK it was bought from? what are the options here? It is over 4000 lbs GVAR (dual axel).
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Never Registered Trailer - 07/21/21 09:14 PM

Where do I get my boat trailer transferred?
Texas Parks and Wildlife does not have the legal authority to process trailer registration. Please contact your local tax assessor-collector office for assistance with boat trailer registration.
Look here...
https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/trailers
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Never Registered Trailer - 07/22/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by rob4
Bought a new boat trailer new from OK trailer company, they delivered it down to TX. Use it only to move my boat from the water to the yard once a year to do annual maintenance (private boat ramp). So, never needed to register or title it, as it was never on the road. Now want to sell the boat and the trailer. Is that as easy as just giving the guy who buys it the bill of sale from the trailer place in OK it was bought from? what are the options here? It is over 4000 lbs GVAR (dual axel).

Should have gotten a MSO with it when you purchased it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum