Texas Fishing Forum

First Chatterbait Experience

Posted By: Nekro

First Chatterbait Experience - 11/03/17 01:58 PM

Posted By: texasmr2

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/03/17 05:19 PM

Local spot's like that are hidden gems, well done. I fish a small lake hidden behind a condo complex within a golf course with great success, the golfer's are always very nice and ask how my luck is. I have also fished with that exact "chatter lure" with great success. One thing you will find out is that fishing small bodies of water is that the fish are a tad timid and loud lures are frightening. I will try using a ultra light set-up with my "go to lure"...a Rooster Tail...never fail's!

You can also present a fly if you are so inclined. Fly fishing is a art and once semi-mastered you will be HOOKED!!

fish
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/04/17 12:36 AM

ChatterbIt....the slower the better! Nice 'Stache......

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/04/17 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: texasmr2
Local spot's like that are hidden gems, well done. I fish a small lake hidden behind a condo complex within a golf course with great success, the golfer's are always very nice and ask how my luck is. I have also fished with that exact "chatter lure" with great success. One thing you will find out is that fishing small bodies of water is that the fish are a tad timid and loud lures are frightening. I will try using a ultra light set-up with my "go to lure"...a Rooster Tail...never fail's!

You can also present a fly if you are so inclined. Fly fishing is a art and once semi-mastered you will be HOOKED!!

fish

Ill be back to those ponds soon.

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/04/17 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: RudyDep
ChatterbIt....the slower the better! Nice 'Stache......

Ill make sure to remember that next time im out. Thank you
Posted By: texasmr2

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/04/17 02:49 AM

I agree with the "slower the better" aspect yet slowing down the retrieve effects chatter lures in that they no longer "chatter".

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/09/17 12:52 PM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/10/17 06:21 PM

Thanks yall for watching,Ill get out there again soon and try to slow it down. I want my first chatterbait fish already grin
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/10/17 11:32 PM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: First Chatterbait Experience - 11/11/17 03:05 PM

Good instruction and nice video. Thanks for sharing. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum