Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 01:17 AM

Looks like a blast. Good job the video. cheers
Posted By: BrianScott

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 02:51 AM

it was a ton of fun
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 03:18 AM

What!? Can't just end it there. I was wanting to see you catch that last one that hit your lure.. Guess I will just have to tune in next week. rolfmao

Great video I enjoy watching. Keep it up.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 03:29 AM

I tried again and again. I wish it would've hit!
Posted By: undercover

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 04:24 AM

nice job on the fish but man, almost all of your fish in all of your videos take a beating when they hit the ground and in this video landing on concrete and flopping around?????

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 04:50 AM

Ok, next time I'll just put a pillow down or maybe just toss in a cooler. would that be better? I mean [censored] what do you want me to do? Go troll some where else! Mr.undercover!
Posted By: ChampionOwner

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 01:25 PM

Brian Scott, undercover is not a troll. He is a great guy and fisherman.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 01:50 PM

And I should believe you, why? because your a champion owner... sorry, I can't land all bass like you pros. Dude acts like I'm killing the fish. They all swim away.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 02:20 PM

I guess I should just get used to it, because someone is always going to have something to say. I was to rough on the fish, I didn't get it back in the water in a timely fashion, I didn't set my hook right, or I wasn't holding the bass right. I can't be perfect all the time so cut me some slack. have a good day and God bless
Posted By: Harte Nuss

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: undercover
nice job on the fish but man, almost all of your fish in all of your videos take a beating when they hit the ground and in this video landing on concrete and flopping around?????

rolleyesbassPETApeople...they are everywhere here...you were probably holding it wrong and not using some special fish safe hook too...

great job... thumb

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/28/14 06:17 PM

Thanks Nuss

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/29/14 02:09 AM

Dude I was making an observation. I Congratulated you on your fish and you try and slam me. How about we get together and fish together or if you just want to meet up and share some fish stories. Freaking classic. I have slammed fish into the side of the boat and my friends joke with me. Get over yourself but seriously I got a back seat if you want to take me up on the offer. I am 10 miles from LH and fish it every weekend.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 03/29/14 03:33 AM

Let's do it

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianScott
Let's do it

Today couldn't come fast enough for me so I could tell you this: "April Fool's". Brian, did you really think I would waste my time talking to you about fishing or better yet even entertain the thought of you fishing off the back of my boat after you started name calling. Have fun out there Mr. Brian Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 01:35 AM

good one lol

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 01:38 AM

After a long day of of state testing(I'm a teacher/coach) I needed this laugh.

I do like watching the videos, but you do keep the fish out of the water a long time also. How long does it take to turn on a small scale?

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 01:44 AM

sorry, I'll try harder to appease you guys. (undercover and coach champ)lol

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 01:48 AM

I did enjoy your video, I pass that place everyday on my way to and from work. I've always wondered if there are fish there. I saw a couple people fishing it today.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 02:31 AM

Yeah, I'm always looking for new spots to fish and share with friends/Scouter. I have a small following on YouTube and Fishing Scout. I'm always looking for spots for others. Sharing my knowledge or what I think I know. I'm no Pro but I know a bit. I'm sure you can catch white bass and crappie in that bayou during their spawn. Thanks for watching.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 04:29 AM

Its all good man. You can catch em. Don't worry about appeasing me. Teaching is the name of the game and sharing knowledge on the boards is a good deal. I was honestly just messing with you in my first post and man, you jumped all over me!

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/02/14 04:41 AM

yeah, sorry about that... I'm just a little defensive, because I feel like there is always someone. I try to handle and land the bass the best I can. Sometimes I just get caught in the moment, and I don't want to lose the fish. No worries... I'm get a new scale and I'll try my best to land the fish better.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/03/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: undercover

Well if you look closely around 2:10 when his buddy is releasing the bass from the concrete...he did kiss it before he threw it back in the water!! smile

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/04/14 03:29 AM

very true
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/04/14 06:13 PM

I'm an avid bank fisherman. I've watched plenty of Brian's video's and not one of them has brought me to the point to where I would want to say something about how he handles the bass. Some of the places I fish, I can't reach into the water to lip them like I would prefer and I can't always carry a net either. I don't think there is anything wrong with his methods as long as he is doing what's best for the bass and they live. I'm sure that if a few were to die, he would learn quickly from his mistakes. I try to get them back in the water asap as well, but sometimes it takes longer than I would like, but it happens. Even the pro's doing shows keep the bass out of the water for longer than "Normal", but nobody is writing a letter to them.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/04/14 09:47 PM

Thanks Fisherman1, I finally got a new scale. Everyone can relax about that now too. ha

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/06/14 01:04 AM

We all started from the bank and I agree you cant always net a fish or lip them. I am glad that everyone is rallying around Brian. I was just making an observation and didn't slam the guy. Hell people complain about anything these days. I enjoy watching his videos especially the Lake Houston one as this is my home lake and its good to see that people can catch some quality Bass from the banks. Brian keep doing your thing and I PROMISE TO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR FISH LEAVE THE WATER! DEAL?????????????

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/06/14 02:04 AM

cheers
Posted By: TXag05

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/08/14 02:22 AM

Looks like fun

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/08/14 02:26 AM

oh it was fun
Posted By: Dizz

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/10/14 03:00 AM

Great videos man! Keep them coming. I grew up bank fishing whatever I could throw a lure into. Your videos are awesome and remind me of the good ole days . I grew up in north Houston fishing golf courses and anywhere I could sneak off to. Don't let others discourage you on your methods of handling fish. Have fun and be safe. Cool that your releasing them and taking video. There is room on my boat anytime if you want to battle some east tx fatties. I go to Fork often. Keep them coming dude. Btw dig the bed fishing at the golf course. Good stuff.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/10/14 04:26 AM

I'm might take you up on that sometime.
Posted By: Big C

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/12/14 02:57 PM

THe pros are excellent examples of how not to handle fish.

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/12/14 03:25 PM

rock
Posted By: Toes-in-tha-water

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/14/14 06:13 PM

Good stuff man. Which end of the lake is that on?

Re: Lake Houston Bass - 04/15/14 01:59 AM

It a bayou fed by the lake near Alexander Deussen Park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum