Texas Fishing Forum

"The Launcher"! A Long Distance Casting Flex Coat Float!

Posted By: Scuba Chris

"The Launcher"! A Long Distance Casting Flex Coat Float! - 10/25/22 03:55 PM

Recently at the Kaneohe Bay Marine Corp Air Station i looked into their tackle shop located across the fishing pier and saw these "Launchers". The military pricing was attractive so i bought a few to try out. I first used 15lb monofilament line but that line was too heavy and the drag created by the looped line was getting tangled on the bottom. So i texted my friend to bring his rig with 10lb braid fishing line.

By this time the wind had subsided a bit but the braided line worked as it was much lighter, even when wet. Plus braided line is far lighter & thinner than monofilament of the same pound test. The float had no problems getting the bait out using braided fishing line. So i tried the 1/8oz 3/4oz & the 1-7/8oz and again no issues. There's also a 1-1/4oz & a 2-1/4oz. If you plan on using this product to present live or dead baits, please use braid in your reel. But if you're going to drag lures to bait as a surface attractant using the Flex Coated Floats then you can use mono or braided line.

Attached File
1-Pic copy.png  (33 downloads)
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: "The Launcher"! A Long Distance Casting Flex Coat Float! - 10/26/22 04:09 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum