Texas Fishing Forum

Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan

Posted By: Stanley Orchard

Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/13/21 08:57 PM

We went for a drive this summer... did our fishing in Saginaw Bay with the boys then headed up north to see a couple of the Great Lakes. Caught this little guy on Michigan's U.P., no idea what it is but had fun trying to get him and his brothers. Beautiful area up there this time of year.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/13/21 10:15 PM

Looked like a neat place to fish. Enjoyed the video. thumb

Side Note: I am only guessing that your fish was some sort of perch northern name, aka sunfish, Texas name. noidea
Posted By: cwil

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/14/21 03:05 AM

rockbass?

looks nice up there, don't want to be anywhere near there come January. LOL
thanks for sharing

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/14/21 07:28 PM

I keep hearing Rock Bass and Warmouth... no clue if that is the same thing or not. Either way it's new to me!

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/14/21 07:29 PM

Ooooh I know it. It was 54 degrees when we were there... In July. I'm from South Texas and we were huddled up in blankets. I doubt I could handle September up there.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/15/21 01:49 PM

Loved the video. Do not see many videos of you fishing by yourself. As always good job Sir.
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/15/21 03:49 PM

Google says rock bass. I just caught a warmmouth a few weeks ago and it looks different to me.

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/16/21 03:19 PM

I did need a day lol... never thought about that. I guess I don't get out much on my own. That's going to change this fall, I'll have a few jetty/beach trips on my own when the girls go back to school. Enjoying my time with them while I can.

I'm really curious now @CarlB I keep hearing Warmouth, Rock Bass and several people are telling me the same thing. I'm getting more questions than answers on this one lol
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Catching Something Different while Traveling Through Michigan - 07/18/21 02:43 PM

Sometimes those far away places provide the best memories no matter what you catch. Cool video Sir. coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum