Texas Fishing Forum

Casting My "Rattling Bubbles" Using Tough Bubbles!

Posted By: Scuba Chris

Casting My "Rattling Bubbles" Using Tough Bubbles! - 10/06/20 05:32 AM

Casting My Rattling Bubbles!

For the first time EVER a fish hit the lure within a split second of the lure making contact with the surface. This has never happen to me before. Amazing! I was using my rattling tough bubbles with my own leader set-up using Completely Hooked Lures "CHL" soft grub called "Mune". I matched yje grub with a rounded 3-eyed bead. My leader lures are pre-fabricated before i hit the shoreline. This is wha i used-

12lb Sakura Fluorocarbon Monofilament Line
8mm 3-Eyed Round Heavy Glass Bead
Size#6 Black Rolling Swivel
#792 Silver Inlayed Red Glass Bead
#4 Green Glow Bead
1/0 Mutsu Black Carbon Circle Hook (Factory Offset)
Blue Glow Thread

This is combined with a large sealed tough bubble with 1-1/2oz .177 BB's with a Owner Ballbearing Hyper Swivel#3 Coast Snap. I used a 10' Daiwa Coastal with a Shimano Spheros 6K with 300yds 30# Jerry Brown braid.

I kept 1 Bluefin Trevally & released 2 Bluefins. I took a massive hit but the fish went into the reef for 10min. By then i figured i couldn't work it out because the braid tangled into the reef so was forced to cut roughly 30yrds off. Then i got another massive hit but the fish targeted the tough bubble instead and cracked it.

Big fish hits & saw some light action. A great way to start off my day!

UPDATE
I NOW USE A SOLDERING IRON TO SEAL BOTH ENDS OF THE PLASTIC TOUGH BUBBLE INSTEAD OF SUPER GLUE. SO FAR MOISTURE HAS NOT SEEPED IN UNLESS THE BUBBLE GETS CRACKED.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 7.17.28 PM.png
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Casting My "Rattling Bubbles" Using Tough Bubbles! - 10/07/20 02:27 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum