Texas Fishing Forum

Smallest Taxman You Ever Met

Posted By: Stanley Orchard

Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/03/20 04:25 PM

I hit up Ellis beach before they lifted the closures and got a couple hours to myself before the crowds showed up. Then this little dude and his buddies decided to steal my stringer...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/03/20 07:36 PM

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/03/20 09:39 PM

Fun sized sharks to catch even though you payed the price with one of them. Ouchie.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/04/20 04:01 PM

Man, you definitely have some cojones for sure!! Worst mistake I have ever made was tying a stringer of specks to my belt loop while fishing PINS. I was in waist deep water. 4-5ft black tip grabbed that stringer and drug me underwater for what seemed a lifetime, but maybe only 3 sec. He only bumped my leg, but took off a layer of skin so it stung the rest of the day. The following week a guy was doing the same thing out there and almost lost his leg. Shark got his leg and missed the stringer.

Shark is one of my favorites to eat. Go perfect on the grill with lemon pepper and salt!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/05/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Man, you definitely have some cojones for sure!! Worst mistake I have ever made was tying a stringer of specks to my belt loop while fishing PINS. I was in waist deep water. 4-5ft black tip grabbed that stringer and drug me underwater for what seemed a lifetime, but maybe only 3 sec. He only bumped my leg, but took off a layer of skin so it stung the rest of the day. The following week a guy was doing the same thing out there and almost lost his leg. Shark got his leg and missed the stringer.

Shark is one of my favorites to eat. Go perfect on the grill with lemon pepper and salt!

Wow. That was a experience you will never forget. Glad it turned out on the bright side.

Side Note: Enjoyed the video. As always thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Stanley Orchard

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/05/20 04:20 PM

I hear you there JJ4MEL ive seen this happen before... i wont lie i do it to lure them in (it was a pretty long stringer). Not a big fan of lemon pepper, but any shark under about 8 foot is table fare in my house!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Smallest Taxman You Ever Met - 09/07/20 01:40 PM

Cool video. As always thanks for sharing. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum