Texas Fishing Forum

Casting Courtesy is REAL!

Posted By: Scuba Chris

Casting Courtesy is REAL! - 06/07/20 02:03 AM

No Casting Courtesy or Common Sense at All!

I kinda lost it this day. I started by finding a bait ball along the shoreline before sunrise. Then one of my rigs took off. After a blazing run the fish spit the hook w/leader damage. After a few more hours i decided to head for Kaneohe Bay. This day i was using original prototype 13ft & 14ft Surf Rods by Okuma. They were a hit at the Izuo Brothers Product Show this past February. I'm defining my casting weight recommendations for when the units are released so i'm still field testing. This day i chose these areas because i'm casting directly into the wind & needed to know what weights to recommend.

The 2nd area i hit had a few anglers there already as it was almost noon. So i positioned myself over a 100ft away out of courtesy. I then casted my left rig out at a straight 90• angle so it wouldn't bother those off to my left & my right rig i casted out to a 45• angle to the right. Then my left rig had a "jerk". At first i thought a fish grabbed my bait. Then i found out the guy with a green shirt over his head far to my left decided to cast his line directly at me and pulled in my baited leader.

So i started walking slowly towards him reeling my line line. He was sitting down trying to untangle his leader off my line. He completely ignored me! I ended up cutting off some of my mainline because his hook shredded it. I again went over to talk with him and he turned his back towards me & walked away. By now i was pissed but no-matter what i did or say to this "idiot" it was clear he didn't care.

Attached picture Cover.jpg
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Casting Courtesy is REAL! - 06/07/20 03:25 AM

There are all kinds of people out there. Thank God most of them are good. The most important thing to always remember is to keep your cool and if someone wants to be completely ignorant of the facts you just simply walk away. Stay safe out there. thumb

Side Note: Informative post! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Casting Courtesy is REAL! - 06/07/20 12:39 PM

Yes Sir you have the good anglers and you have the bad anglers. Good example of the bad. Like stated above. Keep cool which you did and just walk away! Good post and video. coolio
Posted By: Scuba Chris

Re: Casting Courtesy is REAL! - 06/07/20 05:46 PM

Thank you. Someone messaged me this morning saying those 3 are homeless and live in that van. Wish i knew that ahead of time. I had purchased a $5 bbq plate across the street earlier. I'd have bought a few extra if i knew that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Casting Courtesy is REAL! - 06/08/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba Chris
Thank you. Someone messaged me this morning saying those 3 are homeless and live in that van. Wish i knew that ahead of time. I had purchased a $5 bbq plate across the street earlier. I'd have bought a few extra if i knew that.

You are a good man Sir. God bless you! angel2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum