Would! Very under rated eating fish. food
Posted By: parttime

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/19/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407
Would! Very under rated eating fish. food

For sure!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/19/20 07:15 PM

Love smoked fish. I have a friend who smokes a lot the Rainbow Trout we catch during the trout stocking season. They are FANTASTIC! Goes good with Ritz Crackers and a cold Modelo! thumb

Side Note: Enjoyed the video and a great reminder on the other ways to prepare fish! food

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/20/20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Love smoked fish. I have a friend who smokes a lot the Rainbow Trout we catch during the trout stocking season. They are FANTASTIC! Goes good with Ritz Crackers and a cold Modelo! thumb

Side Note: Enjoyed the video and a great reminder on the other ways to prepare fish! food

Thank you! Trout are a great fish to smoke. I think next season I'm going to try a little harder to get on some trout.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/20/20 02:53 PM

Neat video! The only smoked fish I have tried have been the stocked Rainbow Trout. That was three years ago. I have been eating them every year since then. Really love the Trout Stocking Season. Limit out every time out. I am able to put a lot in the freezer for regular meals and to put into the smoker. I have also vacuumed sealed and froze trout I have caught last season and they taste FANTASTIC just like the ones I have caught this season. Again enjoyed the video and I plan on smoking some other types of fish this year. Mainly Crappie! food
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/20/20 04:07 PM

Have eaten plenty of smoked salmon and trout. Never drum. I just might try smoking some of those Braunig/Cally Reds!

Side Note: Good video and thanks for sharing.

Re: Smoked Some Goo! - 02/20/20 05:42 PM

Thanks guys! I have only tried to fish the stock trout twice, and both times the river was way up and raging. Needless to say, no buddy caught any then. I grew up in N.M. fishing for trout before I fished for anything else.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum