Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Dunlap help

Posted By: WesTexFisherman

Lake Dunlap help - 08/01/17 01:47 AM

Will be staying on Lake Dunlap Labor Day week. Rented a cabin with a dock. What species would we have the best luck targeting? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Lake Dunlap help - 08/01/17 03:01 AM

Sunfish catfish and carp if theres alot of wakeboat traffic anything will be tough but there alot of carp cats and sunnies in dunlap the carp are what i like to go after when fishing there cause theres no pressure onem and there everywhere and boats dont seem to disturb them much

Re: Lake Dunlap help - 08/02/17 12:29 AM

Thanks for the info Wildman. We check in Labor Day afternoon. Hopefully all the jetskiers go home that day and the rest of the week will be peaceful.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Dunlap help - 08/03/17 01:40 AM

Lot's of wake boats and jet fleas will be out that weekend. Try fishing early morning. Sunup to 10am. Docks in 10 to 15 feet of water usually hold some nice Bluegill and Bass. I mainly target the sunfish but have caught my share of very nice bass using ultralight tackle with live night crawlers. You also may catch a nice Channel Cat or two! thumb

Side Note: If you have a underwater light you may want to try night fishing. Best times are from 11pm till 3am. Bass,Crappie,and sunfish. cheers

Re: Lake Dunlap help - 08/03/17 11:09 PM

Thanks for the info Banker. Was actually planning on the night fishing route. Just need to get me a light and will be ready to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum