Texas Fishing Forum

Bank Tournament - Updated on 10/26 for Event # 1

Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Bank Tournament - Updated on 10/26 for Event # 1 - 10/14/14 09:36 PM

I've been thinking about trying to do a tournament for us bankers every now and again. Maybe once a month or something like that. I'm trying to keep it simple.
I was thinking $10 per person, winner take all.
Weight is the winning factor.

I would need to figure out what is the best time and day of the week for everyone. I also need to figure out to allow each person to weigh in a fish without having to not fish myself.

I'm open to suggestions and idea's.

***I will try not to hold a tournament on a day that Bass Grabbers does

Info/Rules
*$10 Entry per person (Age does not apply)
*Must have VALID Texas Fishing license. Not having it will eliminate you from winning. You can still fish at your own risk, but I/we will not be responsible for you. (This rule does not apply to anyone under 17 years of age)
*Only Bass can be weighed in
*Heaviest Bass will win the pot
*Fish must be weighed by a event volunteer (Volunteers will be disclosed at the beginning of each event)
*A picture of the fish with weight must be taken, with fisherman's camera, so the fish can be released asap. (Volunteers will help with this)
*Give all fisherman (and women) reasonable space to fish
*Do not overcrowd one area
*Try to keep it PG-13 (we will be fishing around kids and families in certain events.)
*Fish at your own risk. You slip down a bank and fall, that's the risk we all take.

and the most important rule...

*Have fun, make friends, catch some Bass.

(if there are any rules or info that I left out that you feel should be added, please PM me)

Event Date/Time/Location
-------------------------
[color:#993399]Event # 1
November 2nd - 2:00pm-5:00pm
Stoney Hollow Park - 4030 Coldwater Creek Ln Plano, TX
MAP to Stoney Hollow

Event # 2
TBD
Posted By: RobMoe

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/14/14 11:55 PM

I'm in. Just need to hammer out the details that work for all of us.
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 12:37 AM

I guess its time for me to get a scale.......
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 12:37 AM

I'm all ears!!!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:00 AM

So it looks like Sunday afternoon or evenings are the most sought after.
Is this going to work for everyone?
Posted By: jgibb1976

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:37 AM

I was excited about the Allen tournaments and fished the first two, but had things happen to keep me away from the last two. I'm all for fishing a monthly thing. Sunday is a good day for me. My wife might even be up for it.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 03:27 AM

So Sunday afternoon it is.
How many of you have digital scales? How many of you that have digital scales will be at the Allen tournament on Monday?
I was thinking that we could have several weigh in spots as long as the scales used are all reading the same weight.
If we can get a few scales then we can go with, take a picture of the scale with the fish. Scale must be readable in order for the weight to count. This way we have proof and the fish are back in the water asap.
It would still be a 1 fish win. (Heaviest single fish wins)

Feedback?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 03:38 AM

Also, are we doing this every month regardless of the temperature?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 03:48 AM

I'm not confident in my digital scale, but will bring it next monday.

I'm willing to fish any temp once a month on a Sunday.
Posted By: dan taylor

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 12:52 PM

Is this any fish, or bass only. I still think inches are best but the Allen series seems to be working.

Im listening.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 01:11 PM

I have a digital scale...and I will be there Monday if you want to check it out....

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 01:18 PM

Thank you JGibb and MusicLife. I want to see if your scales match the weight of mine. If they are dead on to the ounce, then I know what direction I'm going.

I know that Bass Grabbers does it by inches and that works great for them. I've always wanted to try making this work by weight and I think that I've finally found a way, but it will rely on the help of all of us. I'm fairly confident that nobody will cheat and if they do, I'm pretty sure they will get caught pretty quick.
I wanted to go off weight because the longest fish is not always the heaviest.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BankBassin

I wanted to go off weight because the longest fish is not always the heaviest.

Especially during the FALL!!!! Heck...we could have official "weigh" peeps scattered around the place we're fishing...I will volunteer if needed. Sure its a competition but it's more about having a great time with great people doing something that we all love to do. Weighing a fish takes a minute or less...

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:03 PM

True... All we need is a weight with a picture and having people designated to weigh will give a witness to the weight. Still think a picture of the weight is best so we can all be sure it's fair.
I'll weigh and witness fish and it sounds like MusicLife is ok with helping in that way. Anybody else want to volunteer?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:24 PM

I think everyone I have met here is honest enough to be a witness for a weigh in. One witness and a pic would satisfy me. All the scales need to match up for sure though I understand that. Sounds like the way to go and I agree inches definitely does not define a bigger fish.
Example:

This fish was only 16" long not sure on weight but it was really fat!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:30 PM

This would be a bass only tournament. Catfishing is ok, but it's not what we mainly fish for so I think we should keep it along the lines of the species that we all enjoy so much. BASS and BASS only.

Since we have at least 2 people that are willing to weigh fish and at least 5 people saying they will pay to play, when did we want to start?

I have a place in mind for the first tournament and it's in Plano, not far from highway 75. Not giving up the location yet. Are there any places that you would like to see us hit? Try to remember that we will be limited on time so we can't go all over the DFW metro area. I'm always open to suggestions.

(I think we should hold every one of them at Twin Lakes just for RobMoe roflmao)

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 02:40 PM

How bout the 26th?? Or maybe 1st week of Nov sometime?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 03:59 PM

F#@CK! Twin Lakes!!!! J/K, we could do a tournament there. Might be kinda fun actually. I have a scale as well, and would have no problem weighing fish. We would just to make sure all scales are calibrated the same before start time. I don't have huge faith in how accurate mine is. Sunday Funday would work for me as well.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 04:10 PM

I'm good with either of those dates. Anybody have a preference? I'll be out of town in the middle of November for a week, but as long as we don't push it back too far we should be good.

In regards to my last post about Bass only.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 04:24 PM

Great now I have that freakin song in my head!! Thanks for that. bang Any Sunday is good for me. May want to check with Brandon to see which weekend he's off. I know he'll want to try and make this.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 04:27 PM

I'm good for either of those days.
Posted By: dan taylor

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 04:28 PM

What start time and length are you looking at?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 05:17 PM

I can do the 1st of November I'm working the 26th of Oct. Whats up with the no trebles? You mean no lures with trebles? roflmao

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 05:24 PM

Plano, huh? I only know of one really good spot for bass near 75 in Plano. This will be interesting....

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 05:26 PM

Yeah i get the bass no treble I was just messing.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 05:27 PM

It would be afternoon into evening. I'm open to suggestions on length of time.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 06:03 PM

I like the 3 hrs that we're doing now...just me....

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 06:46 PM

I'm ok with a 3-4 hour time frame. Anybody else have an opinion?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 07:06 PM

3 to 4 hours is ok with me.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 07:36 PM

3 to 4 is good. Suggestions for venues maybe Towne Lake in Mckinney? Its big enough and I have caught bass there before and if I can do it anyone can. Just have to scout it out and see how bad the vegetation is or if it has died back some. Or maybe you could check Tom Allen Jr. in west Mckinney and see what you think.....maybe its not big enough....just throwing out some ideas.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 08:03 PM

Towne Lake sucks....but that's my opinion LOL.

Never fished Tom Allen....we could do Breckenridge Park in Richardson....Twin Lakes for RobMoe, Maybe Ken Good in Carrollton, I think there's a spot in Flowermound that's pretty open...and of course plenty of spots in Allen!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 08:06 PM

Thanks Fisherman13. I appreciate the suggestions on locations. I know some of the guys are coming from the dallas area, or south of Allen/McKinney. I was trying to think of places that are kinda in the middle or not too far for all of us to meet at. Since I already have the first location in mind, this gives me time to look over my maps and locate a few more places before the next one. I'm not going to be a dictator here and only pick places that I know and like. I'm going to try and let the most votes determine where we go.
Once we iron out all the details of the event, then I'll work on locations.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 08:43 PM

Your right Drew Towne Lake has sucked for me, too. roflmao Just thinking about having enough room for everyone if needed. And Tom Allen is too far west for everyone I'm sure as its almost in Frisco.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 08:51 PM

Breckinridge park has been tough I had the best luck at the pond with the walking trail around it down in the park by the soccer fields. The ponds by Renner had nothing for me when I tried them. I think I know the spots in Plano.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 09:20 PM

3 to 4 hrs -OR-how ever long it takes me to catch the winning fish is good with me.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/15/14 09:27 PM

RobMoe - we are NOT going camping... The city won't let us stay for 3-4 days... we would like to keep it 3-4 HOURS... hammer

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/16/14 01:39 AM

The wife says she may be interested in participating in some of these monthly tournaments. She caught the bank fishing bug last spring when she got tired of just standing around watching me fish. Since then she has caught bigger and more fish than me on many occasions. In fact, of the three biggest we've caught she pulled in two of them. Beware!
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/16/14 12:50 PM

Bummer....you had me in (and probably several others) until this: "This would be a bass only tournament."

Oh well, sounds like fun, good luck everyone! smile

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/16/14 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: jgibb1976
The wife says she may be interested in participating in some of these monthly tournaments. She caught the bank fishing bug last spring when she got tired of just standing around watching me fish. Since then she has caught bigger and more fish than me on many occasions. In fact, of the three biggest we've caught she pulled in two of them. Beware!

The more people the better, besides I'd rather get beat by her than these other dudes.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/16/14 04:18 PM

I agree that I feel a little better getting beat by a woman than I do a guy. My wife said that she may join until it gets too cold for her.

Sorry dmunsie... I thought about letting it be for all species but it would be fair for the ones that wanted to go for bass. You catfisherman have an advantage over us lol. We saw this happen with RobMoe at one tournament in the Allen series. His 1 catfish is going to win the entire tournament unless one of us happens to catch a 8-9 pound bass. The likelihood of that happening at bethany lakes is not very good. I'm trying to keep things as fair as possible and the only way I can do that is by making it a one species tournament.

Who knows... maybe we can do a trout tournament after they stock bethany lakes. Who know... I have some family that really likes to catfish, maybe I'll put together a day for just catfishing with the same premise, but catfish only.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/16/14 10:52 PM

I like the ideas I'm hearing! Watch out for Rob though we fished the swamp today and he put the freaking smack down out there! He easily caught more than twice as many as me. I'll post up our kayak trip later unless Rob beats me to it lol!

I am looking forward to these tournaments it sound s like fun!
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/17/14 12:42 PM

depending on location and time, i am in.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/17/14 01:35 PM

I am waiting for MusicLife to get back into town before finalizing anything, but I'm thinking the first date will be November 2nd.
The start time is still up for debate. Nov 2nd is when we roll back an hour for daylight savings time. I need to know what the best start time would be for everybody. I'm thinking either 1pm or 2pm and go until 5pm.

Please provide input.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/17/14 02:16 PM

Either start time is okay with me.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/18/14 04:10 AM

It has come to my attention that November 2nd is the same day that a bass grabbers event is happening. I would prefer to reschedule but since this isn't totally up to me I'll see what you people in the masses say.

She would change the date or keep it the same?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/18/14 11:53 AM

I know that the following weekend wouldn't work for some of the guys. I'm personally not involved with bassgrabbers so it won't affect me if the date stays the same. Let's hear from the guys that are going to have a conflict.
Posted By: Wildwood

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/18/14 08:05 PM

I'm in Sunday and have a digital scale. I got the shaft from the boss the last tournament this Monday. Figures, I never had to work a Monday if 5 years and I get three of the last 5! Have fun fellas.
Posted By: chilli31

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 12:41 AM

I'm in for sure every tournament

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 01:07 AM

It has come to my attention that November 2nd is the same day that a bass grabbers event is happening. I would prefer to reschedule but since this isn't totally up to me I'll see what you people in the masses say.

She would change the date or keep it the same?

I agree with re-scheduling the tournament as well

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 02:02 AM

I m torn guys. I want to keep that date but I want to ensure that we all get to go. Moving the date will cause some people to not attend. Not moving it will cause some people to not attend. I wish I could do 2 events this month lol.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 02:27 AM

I'm in for any day. Though, since this is just a one day winner takes all tournament and not something that is cumulative then Bass grabber folk could always join in on the next monthly tourney.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 03:25 AM

That is a very good point. I'm trying to give everyone the same chance but in order to keep things even we may have to bite the bullet and stick with November 2nd. I know there's more that want to join but are not able to.
Since there are no points and nothing rolls from event to event this will give us all equal chance to win at any event. I may do another event later in November as well after I get back from my vacation. I'll look into that after we get through this 1st event.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 08:25 AM

That is a very good point. I'm trying to give everyone the same chance but in order to keep things even we may have to bite the bullet and stick with November 2nd. I know there's more that want to join but are not able to.
Since there are no points and nothing rolls from event to event this will give us all equal chance to win at any event. I may do another event later in November as well after I get back from my vacation. I'll look into that after we get through this 1st event.

+1 on this idea. My current plans are to eventually fish both tournaments, but my first priority is my commitment is to BassGrabbers. Once this current season with BassGrabbers is over scheduling will be easier.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 03:44 PM

Sorry man I wish there was an answer

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 05:27 PM

Has it been discussed or decided the time length of this tournaments?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 07:31 PM

The most votes has been for 3 hours so we are going for that. Start time hasn't been decided but it is most likely going to be a 2pm start time.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/19/14 08:24 PM

Thanks!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 12:47 PM

Unless there are any objections, and there would have to be more than one and a good reason, Listen closely...

November 2nd at 2:00pm is going to be the 1st event. Fish until 5:00pm.
$10 entry fee per person

**See first post for more info and rules.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 02:28 PM

Where at?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 02:34 PM

The first event will be held at ...

Shawnee Park
3380 Sherwood Dr
Plano, TX 75074

Google Coordinates:
33.043295, -96.687919

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 02:43 PM

See ya at Shawnee Park on 11/2! Thx for the effort BankBassin and good luck this afternoon.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 02:44 PM

No problem and thank you!
Posted By: Madfisher24

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 03:15 PM

Thanks for putting this event together BankBassin and I'll see you at Shawnee Park on the 2nd!!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 03:27 PM

Nice! I've never been there. Looks good on Google.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 05:14 PM

Never saw that coming I was thinking it would be at Stoney Hollow. But its not that close to 75. Oak point was my other guess but that place hasn't been good for bass. Shawnee is a small pond with lots of lily pads should be interesting.....

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/20/14 05:38 PM

I know.... SURPRISE!!!! I've never fished there before either. I know there's bass in there so I figured this would be a great way to start. I agree about Oak point as well. It will not be on my list of places to fish. I want everybody to catch fish, not get skunked. This place should be big enough to 15-20 anglers. It looks like we might have a descent turn out. We shall see. Even if it's only 10 people, I'll be happy with that.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/21/14 01:41 PM

Since the first event has been planned and set, I was looking at the next date. I'm going to be unavailable for most of November unfortunately, so I will not be able to participate until December. If people are wanting to have an event during that time, I can throw something together but I will not be able to join. The next time I will be able to join would be the first weekend in December (12/7).
You guys let me know if you want to wait until December 7th, or have another one before then.

I also am taking suggestions for location to fish. What I'm looking for is mainly a single pond of descent size or two ponds side by side. Looking in Plano, Allen and McKinney. Willing to look in other cities as well, but trying to keep it somewhat central to most of us.

**I could be wrong, but it looks like after November BassGrabbers events are completed, so there should be more people joining. If this is the case, we will need bigger ponds. I'm scouting both types of ponds, small and large.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/21/14 05:27 PM

What about Russell Creek park in Plano? I personally have not fished it yet but have seen people fishing there many times while at my daughters soccer games. Plenty of room for everyone so space shouldn't be an issue.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/21/14 08:37 PM

Russell Creek Park is on my list to scout. I want to make sure there are bass in there before I make an event out of it. I know there's catfish in there, but need to ensure there's bass and can be caught.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/21/14 09:13 PM

I've fished Russell Creek twice. Walked the entire bank both times. Had no hits. Saw two older gentlemen fishing with old school 12 foot long cane poles for, I'm guessing perch. They were sitting on buckets so I'm assuming they were keeping their catch. Not saying there are no bass in there. I think I've seen pictures of people posting their catch from there on here. I just didn't catch anything there.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 04:05 AM

I fished Russell Creek last year and had the same results as Rob. I had some hits but I'm postive they were sunfish or bluegill nipping at my plastic worm. Stoney Hollow is loaded with bass that would be my #1 choice of all places in Plano. I had a little luck at Big Lake, but not sure what its like right now.....I heard that there was construction going on over there. If Mckinney is still an option you should scout out Tom Allen Jr. its got a little size and some decent fish.

Here are a few Tom Allen bass I got not to long ago...

This one was a bit skinny but went about 18.5"

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 04:08 AM

Bass might be skinny but the I did catch a bunch a big bluegills there that were monsters.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 01:53 PM

I haven't been to Tom Allen before. The place looks really nice. Thank you for the suggestions Fisherman13. I'll look into it. The only thing that worries me is that it is so close to StoneBridge. The sign says McKinney park, but I don't want to assume that it's city ran and open to the public until I see it for sure. Anytime there's a pond in McKinney, I pretty much assume that it's private.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 02:35 PM

I contacted the city of McKinney and the pond at Tom Allen Jr is private. It's Stonebridge Ranch HOA controlled. That sucks, because I really liked the look of it.
Keep the idea's coming. I have only been able to come up with 4 places so far. Thinking of adding a fifth one and that would be Breckinridge Park in Richardson.

I have lots of smaller ponds that could host about 5 of us, but if there's any more than 5, it's going to be tight fishing on the banks. Finding places is proving to be harder with 10 people.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 06:05 PM

Town Lake in Prosper could support a contingent.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 06:56 PM

Thank you David Burton. I appreciate the input.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 10:12 PM

Thats crazy about what Mckinney told you because there are no signs at Tom Allen Jr. and I have fished there at least a dozen times and no one ever mentioned anything to me about fishing there, and my kids played on the playground, no signs there either. It has a parking lot as well, but I think having a tournament there would be a bad idea cause that might ruffle some feathers. Good to know, I guess I will fish there until I get run off.....
Posted By: robertyu

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/22/14 10:46 PM

Is there still room for the event at Shawnee?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 02:39 AM

Yes. There should be enough room. Next week I'm going to ask for a head count.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 03:43 PM

Looking at google maps, the pond is big enough for about 10-12 people. Anything over that and we might be a little crowded. Not sure what the exact head count is going to be yet, but I don't mind fishing next to somebody to save space. If my wife joins, which she says she wants to, I'll stick close to her to give everyone else more room. The next even will be at a bigger place unless the head count is low. If there's only going to be a few people, I'll pick a smaller place, if the count is high, it will be a bigger pond.
Hopefully this will not cause any problems, but we shall see.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 03:49 PM

Also, we had 3 digital scales on Monday that were tested. All 3 read slightly different. So what we decided that we were going to do was to use 1 scale and have it at a central location. You will still need to have the fish pictured with weight and a volunteer witness the weight and take the picture.

For the event at Shawnee Park, the central location will be at the pier. We will have something there to set the scale on. We all need to keep an eye on the weigh station and make sure nobody runs off with it. We want to win money, not lose it.
The red star below is where we will place the weigh station.
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 04:48 PM

I just want to say that these ideas for more bank tournaments is a great thing! And I do appreciate the schedule yield to the BassGrabbers Tournament Trails. However, November 1,2, and 8th are championship dates and only 20 invited people are going in so I have no issue with you guys going this date as well. I'm sure we have some guys willing to do this as well that might cause a scheduling conflict for the time being. But, after we are done for the year, I might even jump in what you guys are doing to stay sharp. Great idea!!! Pick Bethany!! Lol love that place.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 06:32 PM

Thanks Russ. Even if I get a small turnout, I'll be happy. It's more about getting together and having fun fishing than actually winning the money. The money is what is going to motivate people though lol.
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/23/14 07:38 PM

Having fun is what it's all about

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 03:59 PM

Who's going to prefish this weekend?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 04:23 PM

Just found out I have to cover someone's vacation at work on the 2nd so I guess I'm out.....

Maybe next time... so no prefishing for me.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 04:49 PM

I'm going to be fishing with my dad in East Texas this weekend. I may try to prefish early next week after work.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 04:54 PM

I just saw this thread, or I would have offered some input earlier.

For the bank tournaments we've done recently we had one volunteer (wife, girlfriend, grandparent, etc) serve as an official "weigh-in" person. They would wander around, keeping an eye out for any fish being caught. Anglers were told to go find the weigh-in person when they caught a fish.

Worked really well and we typically had 20+ anglers fishing on larger ponds. Great way to get the fish weighed and returned very quickly. We also also had a backup weigh-in person in case there was a sudden influx of fish caught, but we wanted to keep it to one weigher/one digital scale if we could.

Good luck with the tournaments! Thanks for organizing events like this.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 05:01 PM

My wife actually mentioned the other day that she'd willing to not fish and weigh fish at some of the tournaments. But i'm not sure if she's going to be in town on the 2nd.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/24/14 08:20 PM

If anybody would volunteer for it, I'm 100% happy with that. I just figured that everyone attending would want to fish as well.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 01:21 PM

Anyone get a chance to pre-fish Shawnee yet?
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 04:03 PM

I would like to join the fun on Nov. 2. How do people sign up? Not looking to win anything, but it's worth $10 just to meet some of the TFFers and throw a line into the water

Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 04:08 PM

I think all you need to do is show up with entry fee and fishing license.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 06:08 PM

Scot in flower mound - All you need to do is show up with your fishing license, entry fee and a good attitude. I'll be doing a roll call later in the week, so please check back and post if you will be attending.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 06:13 PM

I fished Shawnee Park today... was not good. I was out there with JGibb for about 2 hours and I only caught one and Jgibb didn't catch anything. We decided to head down the road to Stoney Hollow Park. Within 15 minutes we each had a bass about 1 pound. I missed a few more and Jgibb caught another one.
After talking with a few of the guys, we decided to move the tournament location to Stoney Hollow Park. Same date same time.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 06:15 PM

New event 1 location
Google Map

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 07:10 PM

Good decision.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 07:25 PM

Great spot! Bring some mud boots just in case it can get pretty muddy on the banks sometimes. Wish I wasn't working that day, I love that place......

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/26/14 07:27 PM

Just be careful close to the water at Stoney Hollow. I sank almost knee deep in mud when releasing a fish. But i agree that the change of location is a good decision as well.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 02:01 AM

Do be careful around the edges of the water. It wasn't too bad but get too close to the water and you will regret it. I'm still thinking about where the weight in station will be, we may have to do the same thing as the Allen city tournaments and use a stringer until you have the chance to weigh in.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 02:53 PM

Unfortunately I'm out this round! Obviously I've had a ton of plans change. I will hopefully be in next round

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 03:47 PM

Welcome back MusicLife. We understand and would like to see you there but know that you have personal stuff to take care of. Hope to see you out there soon.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 05:50 PM

Most definitely. I still might be able to work out my schedule to make it...what's the time frame again? If afternoon I still might be able to make it!
Posted By: TopGunPilot

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 06:22 PM

For your Head Count... add +1. I'll be there.
Are you limited numbers of Rod & Reels we an bring cus I have 20?
Just kidding, but would like to bring at least 2...
See you there and will keep an eye on this post.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 07:27 PM

Rules are just "1" rod in use at a time....you can carry all that you want with you...but only 1 to fish with at a time...

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 07:30 PM

Kind of figured that part as is normal in most tournaments. Thanks

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/27/14 10:00 PM

Yup from 2-5pm.
Posted By: cdstory

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 02:05 AM

Hey guys my son and I fished the Allen Tournaments and would like to join what's the fishing times

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: cdstory
Hey guys my son and I fished the Allen Tournaments and would like to join what's the fishing times

Check out page 1 for all the details. Hope you guys can make it out.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 03:12 AM

Imma try to make it

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 03:34 AM

Hope you can Drew. Good to see you posting again.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 05:54 PM

me too man...would be fun. I haven't fished since the last Monday I fished with ya'll....i'm itchin

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 09:52 PM

I look forward to seeing you out there if you can make it.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/28/14 10:06 PM

Kris, what's the count so far?

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 01:45 PM

Good timing. It's time for a ROLL CALL!!!!
I put a little something together to make this super easy. Just go to the link below and go to the tournament info page. Sign up for the tournament before the day of the event if possible. This will be able to give me an accurate count. (The site is still a working progress).

Tournament Website
BTW- this site is mobile friendly too

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:28 PM

All signed up!! That was easy! Thank Bank for being a leader. Good man you are!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:32 PM

Hey BankBassin, just signed up on your website. Thx and see you at Stoney Hollow Sunday.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:45 PM

Signed up for the wife and I. Thanks for putting this together. See you on Sunday.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:50 PM

So far I have 6 confirmed and 3 maybes.

You don't have to use your real name on the signup form, or include you TFF name after your last name.

Thanks guys. I'm going to be putting even pictures up so I'll get you an email address to send the pictures so so I can post them to the website as well.
If there's any changes that you recommend or updates, please let me know.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:51 PM

Loving the website BankBassin made it nice and simple to signup!!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 02:52 PM

Correction - 8 confirmed 3 maybes

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 09:04 PM

Prefished a little today. Pics below. I didn't catch the numbers I have there before but the ones I did get were a little bigger. The fish in the second pic had a pretty big head and a skinny body, which is weird because that place has a TON of perch in it. Almost lost one of my mud boots on a misplaced step too close to the water, beware the mud! Water was SUPER clear today, FYI.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/29/14 09:52 PM

Nice report RobMoe. I look forward to it Sunday. The water was clear when I was there last weekend too with JGibb. The mud was just as bad too. it's really only about 3 feet up from the waters edge that you need to be worried about, but that is where you need to step to release or lip the bass... can't say it enough... BE Careful please.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 02:15 AM

Nice fish Rob. Looking forward to Sunday also.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 03:23 PM

As of right now, there's 10 confirmed and 3 more possible entry's.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 03:53 PM

Just think... by sunday evening one of us is going to walk away with $100(+) just for doing what we all enjoy so much.

Somehow I'm having trouble finding anything that can beat that...

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 03:56 PM

That's a whole lot a lures!!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 03:57 PM

I was just thinking about that also, Kris. That's a good pay off for just having a good time. Good luck to everyone on Sunday.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:01 PM

Dang...now I really need to be there...can't miss out on $$$ to take out the wifey! (or buy a new rod)

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:01 PM

With that kinda of winnings I can rig up my raft the way I want and start hitting the lakes again... OR use it to buy a yak... OR buy a bunch more fishing stuff!

Rob, let me know if you need to barrow a rod or anything and we can see what we can dig up for ya. I know you lost on fishing on your yak not long ago.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:02 PM

If all everybody shows that is even a maybe.... the pot will be up to about $150 fyi. I don't think that everyone will attend but the turn out is looking good for now.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:03 PM

Just think... by sunday evening one of us is going to walk away with $100(+) just for doing what we all enjoy so much. Somehow I'm having trouble finding anything that can beat that...

And a big thank you for putting this together.
T

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:08 PM

I'm good, thanks though Kris. I replaced the one I lost already. All my stuff is leashed to me now when in the yak. Expensive lesson for sure.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:25 PM

You are all welcome! I'm glad that I was able to get this together (finally). I look forward to seeing all of you there and meeting some of you for the first time on Monday.

Rob - Glad to hear it.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:32 PM

[quote=BankBassin]I look forward to seeing all of you there and meeting some of you for the first time on Monday. /quote]

Monday? Hmmm. You meant Sunday I hope!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 04:38 PM

Oops. I really did mean to type in Sunday... Sunday... not Monday... Sunday. bang

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 05:12 PM

If there any questions... Now is the time to ask. The only items that I'm still working on is the weigh station. I'll keep you posted after I figure out how that is going to all work out. Any other questions, post them here and we will answer them asap.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/30/14 05:38 PM

For some reason I'm not able to update the main post anymore. The edit button is now gone. So to all attending please read...

The weigh in process will be as follows.
You will need to bring a stringer and a weigh in bag if you have one. Any fish that you want to weigh in will need to be placed on a stringer, then put back on the water until you weigh the fish in. Once weighed in and pictures have been taken, the fish needs to be released asap back into the water.
The pond that we are fishing is way to big for a single person to walk all the way around to weigh a fish in and not have it die.

***A DEAD FISH WILL NOT COUNT***

We will meet 10 minutes before the start of the event to show the proper way to use a stringer with a bass. Please plan on showing a few minutes early. If anybody shows up late, please ask myself, RobMoe or Musiclife to show them.

Any questions, please ask.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 04:00 AM

Don't forget about the wonderful event on Sunday that screws up our days 2 times a year. Yup... Daylight savings time. At least we get to enjoy some fishing.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 12:55 PM

At least this "event" gives us an "extra" hour of sleep!

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 01:36 PM

Falling back is nice, it's that springing forward that messes things up.

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 01:43 PM

I don't see the point in it at all. Just my opinion... oh well. Just wanted everybody to be reminded so they don't show up late/early lol

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 01:54 PM

It was designed to give extra daylight and "save" on electricity usage across the country....for the most part it's worked.
Posted By: Yellow_Cloud

Re: Bank Tournament - 10/31/14 06:33 PM

fished Stoney Hollow between 9 to 11am this morning, just 1 bass, 10", on Senko, nothing else caught anything.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/01/14 04:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up yellow_cloud. We'll see how it goes.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/01/14 02:14 PM

Time to sharpen the hooks on the two foot swimbait! See you guys tomorrow!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/01/14 11:25 PM

Rough day fishing today in a few ponds in Frisco and Plano. Just caught three fish in 4 hours of fishing. 1 fish per pond fished. Hopefully the fish will be hungry and active at Stoney Hollow tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to everyone. See you tomorrow.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/02/14 01:52 AM

Good luck to everyone. Remember to bring a stringer and everything else including a sense of humor.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/02/14 01:14 PM

Is it close to two yet? Dang...

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/02/14 04:24 PM

Getcha popcorn ready

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/02/14 11:49 PM

Congrats to the original bankbassin for pulling out the win today with chunky 2.79# bass. Good job man!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 01:12 AM

Congrats Bankbassin!! Looking forward to the next one.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 05:14 AM

If you want me to post any of the pictures that you all took on my website, please email them to me at bankbassin@Gmail.com
I'll have them posted asap. I'll be posting my photos in the morning.

Thanks again to everyone who came out. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting all of you. I look forward to the next event.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 12:25 PM

Congrats BankBassin on the win! 2.79 is a good one from Stoney Hollow!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 02:15 PM

Thanks Fisherman13. I'll admit that I really thought I was gonna get skunked. The first hour I didn't catch anything. It took some time, but I found a good spot and found what they wanted to bite.
I was really happy to see that everybody at least caught one bass. I was worried that the cold front was going to make it harder fishing conditions than it was.

I really hope that all of you can make it out for the next one. It looks like December 7th is the date so far. There's 2 places that I'm debating on. I'll post more on here and my website when I know more.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 02:26 PM

Congrats BankBassin! It was great meeting everyone yesterday and already looking forward to the next event in December. Hoping I have better luck next time since I just caught my one fish close to the deadline. But at least I wasn't skunked!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 02:52 PM

I had a great time as well...congrats Kris on a nice Fatty....If we did a 3 fish limit I would have had a chance LOL....well done to everyone who came....including JGibb's son....he was rolling in the short fish!!!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 06:37 PM

Thanks MusicLife. I'm glad to hear that everybody had fun.

Next event will be on December 7th. The holidays are making the dates a little harder to plan an event, so the best time that I could figure was the beginning of December. We have narrows it down to 2 possible locations.

Please go to MY SITE and cast your vote. The location with the most votes, will be the next event location. The voting is at the bottom of the page.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 08:18 PM

I think that was TopGunPilot's son that was catching a bunch.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 08:23 PM

It was... I know I wasn't the only one waiting for a bigger one to come out of the water because of him.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 08:38 PM

Kris, Site looks good man. That's some hardcore gansta fishn' music on there!! LOL.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 08:52 PM

LOL. I'm glad you like it. I thought it was a great find... A hip hop song about fishing... never thought I would hear that. I left it as an option to play so you're not forced to listen to it.
I'm still making updates to it. Let me know if there's anything that needs to be added and I'll see what I can do.

DON'T FORGET TO CAST YOUR VOTE FOR THE NEXT EVENT.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/03/14 08:59 PM

Vote completed....

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/04/14 02:26 PM

Please send any pictures that you would like added on my site or here to BankBassin@gmail.com

So far, and there's a long way to go, Breckenridge is in the lead with the most votes.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/04/14 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: RobMoe

YEP, we both had a great time and will be back!
Yall "Catch a Big One!"

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/04/14 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: TopGunPilot
Originally Posted By: RobMoe

YEP, we both had a great time and will be back!
Yall "Catch a Big One!"

My apologies!! I get names confused all the time...much less screen names LOL. We had a good time and your boy was rockin it!!!

Looking forward to next month.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/05/14 03:19 AM

There's One in Allen But guy's Have too bring a weed eater to help claer tall grass on bank line before Tournament Happens.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/05/14 02:15 PM

Chili - If you are referring Shadow Lakes, most of these guys already know where it is and have fished there before. Most of them liked it too.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 02:52 PM

What are chances we can have one of these events are Southlake in Farmersville? I haven't had a chance to fish it but have heard nothing but good things about that small lake. Thinking it would also take my inflatable boat out there and get it in the water after the event.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 04:34 PM

Southlake is an option along with many others. It all depends on the attendance. I'm trying to keep everybody happy but it's never going to happen lol. I know I can't please everyone. I too have not fished there. I've been there and seen the place and it does look great. I've also been wanting to take my raft out there but haven't got around to it yet. It might be a place that we hit in the spring. We may be able to get there sooner but when the winter temps kick in, I'll need places that I know we can still catch bass at. I'm always open to suggestions and I have thought about this place. I'm not sure how bank accessible it is. The only other drawback... location. It's pretty far from even me being in Allen and some of the guys live more towards Dallas. They may get turned off by the distance they will need to drive. The floor is always open here though, voice your opinions and concerns.
Posted By: Dr.Fishz

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 05:36 PM

duck creek
well known spot in richardson that holds thropy size bass.
richland highschool pond.
breckinridge park ponds.
give some garland bois a shout out too

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 06:32 PM

Duck Creek does NOT hold Trophy bass...it barely holds keeper size bass....unless you know of a place that I don't....I live in Duck Creek....

We're looking at Breckinridge for the next event possibly.....depends on the vote outcome

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 06:43 PM

Unless there's a bunch more votes that come in, Breckenridge is in the lead. There's still a long time between now and the next event, so I imagine more will come in in about 2-3 weeks. I expect the sign up to go through the roof and as well as the voting.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/06/14 09:01 PM

I understand that Farmersville can be a drive for some of the people that live in Collin County. I just want to fish so where ever we end up voting on will be fine with me. If you decide you want to take the rafts out to Farmersville before the spring just let me know and I can meet you out there.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 07:54 AM

Duck Creek - We fished it briefly a few months ago because a guy we met while fishing the Huffhines Park ponds told us that there were some big bass in there. I had one fish swirl up at a top water frog at the Belt Line / Jupiter bridge, but that was all. I lived on the edge of that creek up until the 4th grade and have many good memories of getting dirty and facing my mother's wrath when I got home. It looks very different now, though.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 01:16 PM

Duck creek is hard to fish but there are big bass in there. On my best day I caught 5 to 3.5lbs.
I have caught several over 4 lbs.
One of the big boys (My shoe is 13")

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 01:59 PM

Ive fished duck creek for 5 years...this is the best bass ive caught there. Its been washed out so many times that there isnt anything really left in there. Maybe in the past but not often do i see much in the way of anything 12"+

Not to mention all the people ive seen fishing to eat out of there.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 02:21 PM

I'll put Southlake on my list. As far as Duck Creek is concerned... I'd have to see recent reports and proof that bass are being caught regularly there. I'm not going to have 10-15 people show up and fish for 3 hours and catch nothing. I understand that this can happen at any event, but by choosing places that are harder to catch, will make it that much harder to get people to come out. It's one of the reasons Twin Lakes is not on the list. I've personally have caught more 3+ bass out of those 2 ponds than any other... but I would go several days without catching a single fish.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 04:24 PM

I'm not going to have 10-15 people show up and fish for 3 hours and catch nothing.

I like the way you think...and I like to share things I have read & experiences in life!

I have over 50 Ponds in North Texas I have studied in my lifetime, 25 or so in the past 5 years.

After being with TPWD, I started my own creel surveys.
My Nephew majored in Fisheries Biology, we learned pressure does shut fish off.
There are two places specifically that I can go to today and catch 150 bass.
Tomorrow=nothing. Next day=Nothing. Wait a few weeks and it's back on but with a different lure.

Perhaps making the Pond off limits to us 7 days prior will also help.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing...r-being-caught/

http://www.umpquavalleybassmasters.com/bassbook.htm

"George W. Bennett of the Illinois Natural History Survey concludes that the largemouth is the most "intelligent" of game fishes. They are extremely curious and this results in a good many getting hooked early in life. But they soon become wary (maybe "educated" is a better word) and often this leads anglers to believe a lake is "fished out" or does not contain many bass. A largemouth bass soon learns that lures, especially those it sees most often, can get it into trouble." LOL

It is all about fun and it is exciting to be part of this group of Bassin Buddies!

I am extremely busy with several Projects and don't have time to read everything but DO I UNDERSTAND THE NEXT TOURNAMENT DATE IS DECEMBER 7TH?

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 06:19 PM

Thank you for the info TopGun... I'll read through that as time permits.

You are correct... The next tournament is on December 7th. The location is TBD at the moment.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 10:33 PM

I wanted to let you all know that I'll be going on vacation from 11/8-11/13. I will be out of the country so you won't be able to reach me in any form. Don't worry... I'll come back with a tan banana

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 10:39 PM

Have fun on your vacation Kris. Don't drink the water, may come back with something other than a tan. LOL
Posted By: Austin710

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/07/14 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Madfisher24
What are chances we can have one of these events are Southlake in Farmersville? I haven't had a chance to fish it but have heard nothing but good things about that small lake. Thinking it would also take my inflatable boat out there and get it in the water after the event.

would be a horrible lake for this. I was there this past Saturday and the only bank area that didn't have thick lily pads 30 yards out was right by the pier and was only about 6" deep. it is a beautiful lake though

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/08/14 04:05 AM

Good reading, TopGun. Thanks.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/08/14 11:39 PM

Ok, so I have internet access here. I'm not saying that we are going to Southlake but I'll consider it. I will go visit the ponds before I put it up for a vote. If it's not going to work for bank fishing, then I won't even put it in the pool to vote on.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/14/14 05:19 PM

Well I made it back safe and sound. Didn't like returning to this cold weather but what are you gonna do. I'm having fishing withdrawls. I will have to find time to sneak in a couple hours this weekend.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 04:35 AM

Hope you had a great vacation, Kris, and welcome back. I'm looking forward to the next tournament on 12/7. I'd like to suggest Frisco Commons as another place to hold a tourney. I've fished it six times and was only skunked this last weekend. I've caught a few good bass out of there. I think it may be big enough for a tournament.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 02:09 PM

That's a nice fish Jon. What did it weigh?

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 03:52 PM

Thanks Rob. My scale weighed it right at 3lbs, but my scale is off 5 to 7 ozs. It was probably about 2 1/2 lbs.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 05:39 PM

It would be fun to catch fish like that all day....nice fish!

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 05:53 PM

Right now the most votes are for Breckenridge Park in Richardson. It looks like that's where its going to be. I had a few votes for Warren Sports Complex (Vial Lake) and your about the 2nd to 3rd person to say Frisco Commons. I personally don't care because I know there are bass at all 3 locations. Warren Sports complex and Breckenridge Park are bigger and will hold more people. I don't want to have 5 people fishing a huge pond that could hold 15, but at the same point I don't want to have it at a pond that will only hold about 5 people and 15 show up.
I only have a handful of people registered for the event on 12/7. I'm sure that it's still early and people haven't figured out their schedule yet.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 06:09 PM

Honestly I'm down for whatever...I'm just partial to Breckenridge cuz its closer to the house and I know it!! LOL

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 06:12 PM

I'm probably going to fish Breckenridge this weekend to check it out.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 06:17 PM

BTW, I'm going to start a New thread so we don't continue to use this one since I can't update the 1st post anymore. I'll post the link in here once I have it created.

Re: Bank Tournament - 11/19/14 09:56 PM

Use THIS THREAD moving forward please.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum