Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a place to fish in Sealy, Bellville, or Hempstead....

Posted By: agdodge4x4

Looking for a place to fish in Sealy, Bellville, or Hempstead.... - 05/17/14 02:30 AM

Are there any good bank fishing places or hidden ponds that I wont get in trouble fishing at around these areas? My 4 year old has taken a liking to fishing and we have hit up Katy...which is what turned him on to it. I just would like some place a little closer to us....
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Looking for a place to fish in Sealy, Bellville, or Hempstead.... - 05/18/14 12:50 AM

I live in Brenham and have been searching for the same. There a lot of great ponds and lakes around but every time I ask someone I get the same answer. Land owners are scared of getting sued and won't let anyone fish. I only have access to the Golf course ponds in town. I usually have to drive out to Sommerville and fish.
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Looking for a place to fish in Sealy, Bellville, or Hempstead.... - 05/19/14 10:54 PM

Somerville is a Great Lake for catfish. And most of its shore line has channel cats that are easy on punch bait or worms. I haven't tried hard for bass or bluegill but they also are present in good numbers from the bank as well. Rocky Creek /Yegua is my favorite place but Welch Park also is very good. I haven't had luck at overlook area from shore or marina.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum