Texas Fishing Forum

Bullheads in wrl

Posted By: CoC Angler

Bullheads in wrl - 03/21/13 03:18 AM

I remember years ago catching a couple of bullheads from wrl, and I am curious as to if there are good numbers of them there or not????
Posted By: TexasCatfishCowboy

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/21/13 10:04 PM

Im going there this saturday will let you know if I catch any. Recently have been pulling up just channel cats. Am I correct on you meaning whiterock?
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/21/13 11:24 PM

I have a better question: Why would you wanna catch bullheads from anywhere?
Posted By: flybug

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/21/13 11:27 PM

Hey Lov I catch bullheads all the time if you use the right gear they are very much fun... not everyone has to target a 30# cat or a big bass Bull heads gives me hours of fun and taste good in my opinion I say catch on and I wouldn't be surprised if the bullheads are biting well there
Posted By: thumbhookedagain

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/22/13 12:01 AM

I am a equal opportunity fishing guy but bullheads?? I guess if I have fish on it's all good. Good luck and have fun... hammer

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/22/13 12:33 AM

Dont know if you guys go for flattys but bullheads work as a good live bait.
Posted By: flybug

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/22/13 01:43 AM

Meh I'd rather catch 20 bullheads then hook one on and wait hours for one flatty I love bullheads for their size they give a great fight on an UL
Posted By: CoC Angler

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 10:48 AM

Yes sir please let me know how you do. bump
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 02:10 PM

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 02:19 PM

In the summer i catch tons of them at night on tube jigs while fishing for bluegills, and they are quite the nuisance. I have caught one as big as 3.25lbs., weighed on on a digital hand held scale, but i still don't have much use for em. I catch them on ultralight gear and they are good fighters, but still, . . .

To each his own, go get em!!!!
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 02:20 PM

bullheads are jerks, they swallow every hook they touch lol

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 02:26 PM

and stab you with those razor sharp needle fins! They are the most painful of the catfish stabbers1 OUCH!!!!! Grew up catching them in 5 mile creek in SE Dallas county, and in Wes Nunnally's gravel pits! Have at em!

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 03/29/13 03:44 PM

When I went only caught channels no bulls.
Posted By: BigJohnsonandHillCountyFisher

Re: Bullheads in wrl - 04/01/13 10:17 PM

Channels are better eating than bullheads. Good job. I'm like you though, if channels, blues, and flatheads aren't biting, I don't complain about a bunch of bullheads either. I'm catching them 10+ inches constantly around the area I live in. If cooked whole, people would be surprises how much food a 10 inch bullhead makes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum