Texas Fishing Forum

Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake?

Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 10/26/12 08:01 PM

Where can I buy minnows in Mesquite?

Has anyone fished City Lake lately and what do they seem to be hitting? We have to use live bait in my son's fishing tournament tomorrow.
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 10/26/12 09:45 PM

maybe garland

http://yellowpages.gazette.com/marco+s+f...D-1ikgf0.mailto
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 10/31/12 03:40 AM

closest place i knowof is by White Rock . tell us how you do , at one point I was able to catch some nice bass there after everyone that came by repeatedly told me there wearnt any lol.
Posted By: DaBankFishamen

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/05/12 08:19 AM

Only place I know of is Fishermans Supply off of 30 before Bass Pro..
Posted By: sue baby

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/08/12 04:21 AM

is anybody catching crappie at white rock?
Posted By: YoungAngler

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/08/12 07:42 PM

i've been going to white rock for crappie and only end up with yellows and some largemouth. thats all. only 1 crappie
Posted By: YoungAngler

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/08/12 07:48 PM

Aquiles, there is a baitstore next to white rock?
Posted By: S4mula

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/08/12 10:55 PM

That one closed down it
Posted By: FishHarder

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/09/12 04:42 AM

What are you trying to catch in City Lake?
Hey S4mula. Hadn't seen you in awhile.
Posted By: MrHookDatHo

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/09/12 03:49 PM

O yea they in there go home with 3 or 4 every day
Posted By: S4mula

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/09/12 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: FishHarder

How you been? Still losing rapala's nannyboo lol. Been busy with work haven't been fishing in a while cant wait until the run starts

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/13/12 03:52 AM

Hey YoungAngler94 sorry wasn't aware that it had closed down I drove by it just the other day and there was no sighn but at the same time there were no cars parked there and there ususally are so ! Anyway been driving by white rock almost everynight on my way home from work . I have seen a few caught mostly small a few nice ones but they are still few and far in between . I'll keep checking and tellyou guys there first sighn of them I hear.

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/13/12 03:56 AM

Oh as for city lake I see people take home cat fish daily usually a good three or four none of them record breakers but editable . I'm just not a fan of sitting around waiting for the fish to come to me . last year I was out there had four people tell me there were no bass .. next older gentelman that walked by almost lost his wig when I pulled out a four pounder . Almost got into a tussell with some guys because I wouldnt give it to them .lol

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/18/12 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: S4mula
Originally Posted By: FishHarder

How you been? Still losing rapala's nannyboo lol. Been busy with work haven't been fishing in a while cant wait until the run starts

I got better line. Hurts losing those $7 lures.

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/19/12 01:59 PM

Anyone ever go to that little bait shop by white rock . It was so badly stocked I'm suprised it took so long to close but I bet if somone took it over that new what needed to be stocked it would kick butt . I mean some good quality bass lures , crappie stuff , some nicer but basic rods and reels .I remember when I went they had some very very generic lures that were cheap some line that was totally no -name bought in bulk , no name reels . I bet it could be fixed with a little love .

Re: Minnows in Mesquite and City Lake? - 11/28/12 03:34 AM

I catch cats regularly at City Pond.Limit is 5. Haven't really tried for anything else.I use dough bait from Wally World.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum