Texas Fishing Forum

The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic

Posted By: dmunsie

The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic - 09/23/03 07:30 AM

The Lake Joe Pool International Carp and Buffalo Society And The Rough Fish Anglers Group are proud to be a part of:

"The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic"

Where: Cedar Hill State Park, Joe Pool Lake, Tx

When: Saturday, October 4th, 7am sharp!

$10 Entry - $5 Big Fish Pot - $5 Most Fish Pot

Please sign up TODAY if you are going to be a part of this exciting tournament!

Visit the Rough Fish Angler's Group database area to sign up for the tournament.

Related Links:

(Copy these links into the top of your browser's "address" bar and hit "return" to visit these links.)

Database Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roughfishanglersgroup/database

Files Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roughfishanglersgroup/files

Direct Link To Joe Pool Tournament Files: (Official rules and map) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roughfishanglersgroup/files/Oct%2003%20Tourney-Joe%20Pool/

Direct Link To Joe Pool Tournament Sign Up: (Sign up today!!) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roughfishanglersgroup/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8

Questions or comments, please contact the tournament director:
Chad Edwards (badchade@yahoo.com)

Join The Rough Fish Anglers Group Today! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roughfishanglersgroup

Re: The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic - 10/02/03 05:08 AM

Bump! (Tourny's this weekend!!!!)
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic - 10/08/03 04:44 AM

hey dmunsie what were the results of this tourney in bags and turn out ? and what baits were most effective ? thanks in advance . whiterocker

Re: The First Annual Joe Pool Carp Fall Classic - 10/08/03 04:03 PM

Hi whiterockjesse,

I couldn't fish it due to my schedule, but I did show up to see some of the action. It was a blast. Lot's of small fish being caught, lots of horrible weeds made it a real challenge. The most popular bait as always was canned sweet corn.

I snipped this out from the group's messages:
------------------------------

Joe Pool Tournament Results:

By: Chad Edwards (Tourny Organizer)

WOW!! What a great time we had! We ended up with 11 anglers: South Bank (West to East)- Zach, Enriquo, Missy, Clark(Joe Pool Club, not here yet), Roach, Candi(Lewisville Club) East Bank (North to South)- Brian Nordberg, Jared(Zach's buddy/New Member),My dad(fishonpop), me(Chad), and JD Bryant.

Things started out as expected with Zach and Clark landing a couple of quick small ones, then things slowed down a bit, actually a LOT! There weren't as many fish as we expected, but they were as small as expected. We went for a while catching one or two fish here and there. It seemed to go in waves on each bank at a time. Towards the middle of the day, Zach was pretty much the only one catching fish, with Enriquo keeping pace behind.

At around 1:00, Brian caught his first fish, and he began to catch up, and eventually take the lead. Jared caught his first fish at about 3:30, but stayed well behind. Roach, Chad, Chuck (my dad), and Candi had not caught a fish. JD joined around 2:30 or 3. By 5:30, Brian had established a solid lead, Zach was maintain the fish pace, and Enriquo was threatening to take over second. Pop, Roach, Candi, JD and I were trying to get the fish repellent off of our lines, and Missy was busy recording Invisible fish catches.

This is where the real race began. Suddenly, the fish began to bite on the East bank. Jared began to catch fish, my dad caught a fish, and Brian was adding to his lead. Zach and Enriquo were still fighting each other for second- Back and Forth. Then Jared struck gold; he couldn't keep the carp off of his poles- catching 3 fish without anyone answering...Brian was getting worried. at 6:30, the air was electric. JD had just left, having just a couple of bites in the 3 hours he was there, and needing to help his wife with something at the house. I finally had a fish on and lost him at the bank (I was so disappointed- I was scared I would get out of the tourney without smelling like fish :-(. Jared took over second and was catching up with Brian, while Brian would slowly add a little insurance. Brian and Zach were also in a heated battle for the Most Fish pot. Nearing the end of the tournament, I finally hooked onto a fish, and while reeling him in, my other pole started blowing up, so I grabbed it, got my first one in, he again jumped off on the bank, but I was able to get him up the bank. I started to reel in my other pole, and received almost no resistance-turned out the fish was speeding right at me. I got him in and my dad helped me weigh them, then we hurried back to our poles to see if we could score again.

It was great fun with so much action right at the end. Brian ended up securing his win, Jared took second, and Enriquo came in third. Brian had the Big Fish at 3 pounds, 12 ounces, and Brian and Zach tied for most fish at 8 each.
-------------------------------------
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum