Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Carolyn

Posted By: Treycaster

Lake Carolyn - 07/22/03 05:22 AM

Anyone bass fishing there? I know people have fished there in the past (I never have) but I drove down there on Sunday night because I wanted to test out some new line. First, parking seems to be difficult, second, there are no fishing signs posted on parts of the concrete surrounding the lake. I didn't cast a line, but I walked around down there. There is lots of vegetation in the area I walked (around the bridge near the "Texas Bar and Grill") and I saw several bluegill, some bass fry, and 2 catchable sized bass. Just wondered if anyone had the scoop!

Trey
Posted By: Richie Rich

Re: Lake Carolyn - 07/22/03 06:52 PM

Go back on the bank fishing forum and look at other post over Lake Carolyn in Los Colinas

------------------
Richie Rich

Re: Lake Carolyn - 07/22/03 07:59 PM

I've read the old posts, I just wondered if anyone was having any problems out there recently.
Posted By: Bass'nAggie

Re: Lake Carolyn - 07/23/03 01:44 AM

Hi Treycaster:

Since I live at the Cabochan Apartments in Las Colinas, I try to fish the lake often. Just about a couple of days ago, I caught a large fish. I think it's called a white drum using a 1/4 oz. Black/blue jig with a Larew Black/blue craw worm. It sure was alot of fun hauling it in!! A couple of good size bass (~15 inches) jumped on the same jig

The area I fish is within the apartment property. Lately, the Irving police has been patrolling the apartment for some reason. They said they were making sure everyone stays safe. Back too where I fish- lighted areas near the gondala boats by the leasing office. Another area: where the Omni at Mandalay hotel and the Cabochan apt. meet along the lake. Fishing is great at night!

FYI-- The Cabochan at Las Colinas Apt. stocks the lake with Bass, crappie, catfish and another fish (I forgot which one).

The lighted circular area by the Texas Bar and Grill is supposed to be off limits to fishing.

Hope this helps! Bass'nAggie

[This message has been edited by Bass'nAggie (edited 07-22-2003).]

Re: Lake Carolyn - 07/24/03 05:29 AM

Thanks for the reply. It sure looks fishy enough, I just don't want to always have to be looking over my back and wondering if I'm "breaking the law" somehow just to wet a line!
Posted By: Steve-O

Re: Lake Carolyn - 07/25/03 03:35 AM

Fish there after 6pm. No problems.
The restaurants and shops will run you off before then.

Lot's of fish to be had there and over by the mustangs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum