Texas Fishing Forum

New in town

Posted By: mikewfoster1983

New in town - 11/15/11 07:00 PM

Hey everyone,

Im new to the dalls/ Irving area. Im gunna be fishing lake Carolyn as much as I can but really would like to meet for local angles and hunters. I come from San Antonio and get bored going alone. Any good spots around? Anybody need a fishing/ hunting buddy?

Posted By: wheretofish

Re: New in town - 11/15/11 07:33 PM

hows the fishing over there? been looking for a good spot for bass fishing in irving.

Posted By: Fishb8it

Re: New in town - 11/15/11 09:29 PM

Beware the lake is a private lake. couple of my buddies got caught and told them to leave and if they came again they would be fined. If you would like to go bass fishing I go to Grand Prairie a lot of fish for bass at local ponds.

Hit me up if you want to meet up.

Posted By: Smithaven

Re: New in town - 11/15/11 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: mikewfoster1983
Hey everyone,

Im new to the dalls/ Irving area. Im gunna be fishing lake Carolyn as much as I can but really would like to meet for local angles and hunters. I come from San Antonio and get bored going alone. Any good spots around? Anybody need a fishing/ hunting buddy?

Do you live in Las Colinas, Mike? I understand Lake Carolyn is for residents.

There are several public lakes nearby. Eagle Mountain is a well known bass lake. Grapevine is close. Joe Pool is not far.

Welcome to the area.

Re: New in town - 11/15/11 10:51 PM

@wheretofish...fishing there is good. Give it a try.

@smithhaven...Yes I live on the lake. I started fishing there because I like to jog around the lake and always see people fishing in the evenings. I catch and release only at this spot. Thanks for the info. I will check those other spots out!

Posted By: DentonRiverFishing

Re: New in town - 11/15/11 11:15 PM

Hey mike... Welcome to the forum. I won't be fishing there at all... too far a drive, but if that is a good spot and want to make friends... seeing as how its private, you could always invite people to fish w/ you. Just a thought. WELCOME!

Posted By: georgeth

Re: New in town - 11/16/11 05:32 AM

Don't bother about new to the town.Gather friend in the town and get suggestion from town people and get ready for fishing in the bank.MY experience of fishing was The south shore of Long Island contains the most extensive acreage of tidal wetlands and the greatest diversity of habitat in New York. There is great great inshore Striped bass fishing here. in the bays and estuaries. stripers , false albacore, and bluefish migrate along the coast and enter the inlets at peak season.

Re: New in town - 11/16/11 07:20 PM

Thanks guys. Look forward to fishing Dallas area.

Posted By: wheretofish

Re: New in town - 11/17/11 06:03 PM

yep i passed by the lake you were talking about and left once i saw the no fishing signs. looked like a good place to fish, just didn't want to risk getting a fine.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum