Texas Fishing Forum

Banking for Flatheads???

Posted By: Catfish Bubba

Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/22/11 07:55 AM

Where are some good places to catch flatheads around fort worth area from the bank. thanks.
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/24/11 03:35 PM

Lake Weatherford and Lake Mineral Wells both have giant flatheads and really good bank fishing access.

They are only a few minutes from Fort Worth - especially Weatherford. Mineral Wells has bigger and better catfish.
Posted By: okieyakker

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/24/11 06:44 PM

mineral wells, fish right beside the boat ramp. Not a secret hole by any means, there are often people there.

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/25/11 08:21 PM

thanks alot Ill have to hit that up on weekend. never fished eithr one but Ill give em a shot, if I can drive to Cisco to hunt I can drive to mineral wells to fish lol
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/26/11 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Catfish Bubba
thanks alot Ill have to hit that up on weekend. never fished eithr one but Ill give em a shot, if I can drive to Cisco to hunt I can drive to mineral wells to fish lol

If you plan to fish Lake Mineral Wells there are 2 areas which regularly yield catfish in the 30-50 pound range.

The first is at the marina just to the left of the boat ramp. Fishermen set up there at sundown with live sunfish as bait. Cast as far as you can, aiming at the island. Be sure to anchor your rod well. I have seen expensive Penn setups lost.

You must get an overnight permit if you plan to stay past 10 PM. The permit must be bought before 4:30 PM on the day you want to fish. It costs $5.00 for park entry and $3.00 for overnight. No fishing license is required. There is a limit of 5 channels or blues, with no minimum length.The limit on flatheads is 5, with a minimum length of 18 inches.

The other area is the near the camping area 25. There are special fees but I do not know how much. The really big fish are caught there.

For Lake Weatherford the catfish are caught at the wall or in the marina cove. After a rise the north end is outstanding. The wall and north park are free. The Marina cove charges $5.00.
Posted By: chikenfrie

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/28/11 03:10 PM

might have to try this place out

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/30/11 02:22 AM

Smithhaven PM sent

Re: Banking for Flatheads??? - 06/30/11 07:45 AM

I know there gota be good plces around Fort Worth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum