Texas Fishing Forum

CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE

Posted By: Thereelbrianwood

CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 04/15/11 03:55 AM

JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHEN THE CATFISH ARE EXPECTED TO GO DO THERE THING.
Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 04/15/11 04:56 AM

next Tuesday at 3 oclock....be there or be sqaure.....
Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 04/15/11 04:56 AM

May thru June......
Posted By: dafanman

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 04/15/11 05:17 AM

rolfmao
Posted By: Thereelbrianwood

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/08/11 10:27 PM

what kind of structure do the like. and what kinda rigs and baits are best to use. be specific im new to cat fishing.
Posted By: DownAndDirtyBlues

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/09/11 04:15 AM

Bait fresh cut Shad
Posted By: chads

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/11/11 12:17 AM

they will spawn in shallow water near rocks and other structure and near drop offs and flats , try toward the creek mouth at Grapevine. seen a few nice fish caught out that way already this year.. Good luck..
Posted By: Doug Bailey

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/11/11 06:29 AM

Use a santee cooper rig it never fails, you can google or youtube santee cooper rig its real simple and real effective.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/17/11 02:30 PM

Go west to the point between Marshall creek and Denton creek. You can access it from Trophy Club Park (formerly Marshall creek park). Once you enter the park, take the old road east towards the lake. It is a pretty good walk but can be productive starting soon. It is a long sandy point. Google it to find the exact way to get there.
Posted By: Denton Pond Jumper

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/17/11 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug Bailey
Use a santee cooper rig it never fails, you can google or youtube santee cooper rig its real simple and real effective.

I looked into this rig funny how I have been using it so long but not with the float Been using the slip rig for a long time but no float.
I see most like to use it for drift fishing in a boat and I wonder if it works of the bank to.
I cant see any reason why it would not work from the bank and well I am going to try it.
Thanks for the info.
Posted By: 2Fish4everything

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/17/11 10:25 PM

The santee cooper rig is a great rig for banking. I also use the three way rig with a slip float it is my favorite rig of them all
Posted By: Doug Bailey

Re: CATFISH SPAWN @ GRAPEVINE - 05/25/11 08:00 AM

Ive never tried the 3 way rig, but next trip im gunna give it a whirl.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum