Texas Fishing Forum

Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids

Posted By: Atta

Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 01:07 AM

As some of you know, this year is the first year i have ever targeted hybrids! always been a sandbass fisherman since i was a young kid. Well, with the help of the Mikes, Dan, and Carey, i can finnaly say im catching hybrids! my first was 17 3/4! mad me mad but i was happy to get it in! Now, i guess i think imma pro (lol). Been doing more work and it has paid off! Had one hell of a day yesterday fightin these bad boys!! hope you like the post
banana flehan hooked popcorn2

Heres the hybrids we caught! biggest was just over 7lbs, smallest was around 4!!

Heres a pic of what we got yesterday! had we had BBBIIIIGGGG minnows there would have been more of these!!

Me and my bro wit our hybrids! hes a little off (lol j/k) so he didnt turn the fish the right way, o well...

Heres a huge drum my wife caught! carey would have killed for this sucker!!

And here is what started the day off!! caught this one on 6lb line!!

would have had another one had i not been stubbern! mike told me to change line but i stuck with my 6lb! that is untill i lost a big one on the hook set! dam ego!!! pretty dam good day! was slow, but you can see the results!!!
Posted By: DustinNTech

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 01:32 AM

grats! nice looking fish
Posted By: fishing_tom

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 01:49 AM

great looking HYBRIDS!!
Posted By: TheRodFather

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 02:33 AM

thumb
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 03:45 AM

drum are just a bounus in my book ATTA..... good job though. try to get bigger ones next time.... whip
Posted By: TheNightFisher

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 02:22 PM

Atta, you need to add image tags [IMG][/IMG].

NICE FISH! Where did you catch them? PM me your SSSSSSL? jk =)
Posted By: TheRodFather

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/13/10 03:03 PM

Hey Atta...try some 10lb red powerpro with a flourocarbon leader...its like using two pound test diameter line but you don't ever have to worry about it breaking...plus it outcasts and outlasts mono 10 to 1 and is way more sensitive...stuff will last a year or more on your reel if you take care of it.
Posted By: Fatboy05

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/14/10 12:31 AM

GOod job Atta (and your crew)... I didn't think the Hybrids were still there at that SSl???? Oh well..good job and have fun. I am off to the lakes in boats for the most part.
Posted By: MikeG02

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/14/10 12:39 AM

Saw quite a few hybrids get caught down stream. eeks
Posted By: Atta

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/15/10 12:58 AM

lee, i posted all this at work! would not let me do the img part! i fixed it now though! thanks for the tip on the line choice! ill give it a shout!
Posted By: luckylure

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/15/10 01:27 PM

Nice job Atta. You're the man...
Posted By: BaffinBay

Re: Finnaly Got Into Those Hybrids - 04/15/10 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: luckylure
Nice job Atta. You're the man...

He's the little man...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum