Texas Fishing Forum

Pond off US 290

Posted By: Garfish 3

Pond off US 290 - 04/06/10 02:42 PM

While riding out to Brenham to see the Bluebonnets, we passed by a pond that was right before Prairie View on the West bound side of Hwy 290.
Saw some people fishing there and was wondering if it was public or pay to fish or private? Any fish to catch? It looked safe to take a little one to fish there off the bank.
Just curious.

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/06/10 07:45 PM

It's off James Muse Pkwy.
Thanks for any replies.
Posted By: richard_hockley_texas

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/07/10 09:34 PM

I drove to the pond today in hopes of speaking with the owners. The owners were no where to be found but there was someone at the pond. I asked him if he knew if people were allowed to fish. He said to his knowledge anyone is allowed to fish. He also said that the owner does come around and speak to whom ever is fishing. I may try it out this weekend and see what i encounter.

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/08/10 02:40 PM

Gotta go to know I guess.

Thanks Richard,
Let me know how it goes.
Posted By: BigToxy

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/18/10 05:28 PM

I've fished both ponds, caught some catfish.

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/28/10 02:43 AM

Garfish, after looking into this pond some more I've actually found out that I went to high school with the owner. I still havent fished it yet but I am told that the owner charges $5.00 and you are allowed to keep what you catch.

It has bass and catfish at the very least.

Some of my friends only use live bait and have had success with minows and shrimp.

Hope this helps.

Re: Pond off US 290 - 04/29/10 05:00 AM

OK guys I went out and fished this pond today.

Anyone is welcome at the pond, just pull up and start fishing.

The owners will eventually make their way over to you and ask you for $5.00 per person.

You are allowed to keep whatever you catch.

According to the owners they have bass, channel cats, and crappie in this pond.

I personally didn't catch anything but i wasnt there very long. Also boats are welcome on the pond.

Re: Pond off US 290 - 05/13/10 07:38 PM

Thanks for the info Richard.
I'll try it out and post a report and when I go. It's not that far away from the house. It looks good to bring my little girl too. I'll get some live bait @ either Wal mart or Gander Mtn.
Posted By: Fish_Guy

Re: Pond off US 290 - 05/06/13 05:47 PM

I know this is a really old post. But I just moved out here to the Cypress area and saw that pond the other day. How does one get to it? I couldn't tell which driveway lead to the pond or is on a different road from where you actually see it off the Freeway?

Thanks for any info.

Joe
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Pond off US 290 - 05/06/13 08:39 PM

Google earth it, should be able to see the roads.
Posted By: Taper46

Re: Pond off US 290 - 03/12/19 01:47 PM

Hello, I was just curious if you have fished the pond off james muse in prairie view? Your last post in this was about 6 years ago. Any idea if this place still allows people to fish here?
Many thanks for your time.
Posted By: Paper mouth

Re: Pond off US 290 - 03/31/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Taper46
Hello, I was just curious if you have fished the pond off james muse in prairie view? Your last post in this was about 6 years ago. Any idea if this place still allows people to fish here?
Many thanks for your time.

Yes you can still fish there.
Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan

Re: Pond off US 290 - 05/15/19 02:46 PM

I went to Prairie View and live in the area. I usually pass this place n my way to Somerville but you also have Mary Jo Peckham park and lots of other places. This place looks to be 2 acres or so.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum