Texas Fishing Forum

Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio!

Posted By: fishing adventurestv

Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 03/31/22 11:38 PM

Went bank fishing at Espada park and aqueduct in San Antonio, such a cool and historic place. Caught a few fish too!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 04/01/22 12:42 AM

Fished that area a lot over the years. Enjoyed the video. thumb

Re: Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 04/01/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Fished that area a lot over the years. Enjoyed the video. thumb

Thanks banker, that was a cool spot! I want to go back and fish the deep pool behind the dam and the pools in the river for carp this summer
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 04/02/22 04:43 PM

There used to be some very good fishing on the eastern side of the park down from the missions. It is a good walk but was well worth it a couple of years ago. That was the last time I fished there. The river in that area had a nice current with a couple of 6 to 7 feet deep pockets of water. Good healthy grass beds also. If you ever fish that side of the park, it closes at 6pm. I almost got locked inside the park. It was a good 20 minute walk from the parking lot to the fishing hole.
Posted By: LastCastPodcast

Re: Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 04/04/22 11:03 PM

so, San Antonio has a working 300-year-old aqueduct, and meanwhile Austin can't keep its modern water supply safe to drink for six months at a stretch. I'm living in the wrong town.

Re: Bank fishing a 300 year old canal in San Antonio! - 04/05/22 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by LastCastPodcast
so, San Antonio has a working 300-year-old aqueduct, and meanwhile Austin can't keep its modern water supply safe to drink for six months at a stretch. I'm living in the wrong town.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to drink this water!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum