Texas Fishing Forum

Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas.

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas. - 03/31/22 03:39 AM

So I go fish this feeder creek that flows into lake worth a lot. Been fishing it for a couple years now. It is absolutely loaded with yellow bass all year. Went last weekend and caught probably close to a hundred on a crappie magnet. Lots of crappie, bass, catfish and drum in it too. It's pretty hidden which I like. First time on the texas fishing forum by the way. Glad to have joined.
Posted By: 10percent

Re: Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas. - 03/31/22 09:29 PM

Welcome and glad to hear you have a honey hole. I've fished all the lakes in the Ft. Worth area but never caught yellow bass that I know of.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas. - 03/31/22 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by 10percent
Welcome and glad to hear you have a honey hole. I've fished all the lakes in the Ft. Worth area but never caught yellow bass that I know of.

Benbrook is full of them
Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Re: Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas. - 03/31/22 10:55 PM

Almost all the DfW lakes have them with an exception of a few. Benbrook, Arlington, and Weatherford are just full of them. Very fun fish to catch. Heard they are very good eating as well. No limits on yellow bass in texas. Next time I go to my spot and and catch a bunch which I usually do ill keep some to take home and try.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Live Oak Creek- Lake Worth Texas. - 03/31/22 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hooked on fishing
Almost all the DfW lakes have them with an exception of a few. Benbrook, Arlington, and Weatherford are just full of them. Very fun fish to catch. Heard they are very good eating as well. No limits on yellow bass in texas. Next time I go to my spot and and catch a bunch which I usually do ill keep some to take home and try.

I’ve never seen or heard of them being caught on lewisville, Ray roberts, or texoma, but I think that’s about it. Lavon, hubbard, cedar creek, benbrook, and every east texas lake is full of the things. I occasionally catch a sandbass and yellow bass cross too and have even heard rumor of them cross with striper on lakes like tawakoni.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum