Texas Fishing Forum

Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio!

Posted By: fishing adventurestv

Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 12:51 PM

Went bank fishing at Tom Slick park in San Antonio on the west side near Lackland. Caught a few, had a good morning. All fish were caught on slowly swum inline spinners. Tried crankbaits too with no bites. The key was to bring it SLOWLY across structure like rocks. Another great morning in nature, see you on the next adventure!

Posted By: CarlB

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 01:44 PM

Did they stock it recently? Every time I walk there no one catches anything.
Posted By: Fish2Chill 1

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 01:48 PM

Good video and thanks for posting.

Reminds me that there are numerous ponds and creeks available for close to home fishing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 02:15 PM

Neat video. Love fishing quarries. Going towards Houston there are a few I get to fish with landowner permission. Plenty of nice fish along with some BIG GATORS! Again neat video and thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CarlB
Did they stock it recently? Every time I walk there no one catches anything.

No idea, I had never been there before. I could only catch them on a 1/8oz inline spinner. No other lures worked for me. I did see someone catch a 3lb LMB on a swimbait tho

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fish2Chill 1
Good video and thanks for posting.

Reminds me that there are numerous ponds and creeks available for close to home fishing.

I always try to find little hidden places near home or, like this one, when travelling

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/28/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Neat video. Love fishing quarries. Going towards Houston there are a few I get to fish with landowner permission. Plenty of nice fish along with some BIG GATORS! Again neat video and thanks for sharing. thumb

Thanks banker!
Posted By: David Newton

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/31/22 02:22 AM

Neat little spot. Plenty of bank access in this place. You see any benefit of putting the kayak in? Looks like it has something of a ramp there.

I catch dozens of small fish out of an old quarry lake so this is right up my alley.

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 03/31/22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by David Newton
Neat little spot. Plenty of bank access in this place. You see any benefit of putting the kayak in? Looks like it has something of a ramp there.

I catch dozens of small fish out of an old quarry lake so this is right up my alley.

Actually I am going to try my Kayak there this summer. It would be a little bit of a carry from the parking lot (prob 1/2 mile) to the safest launch!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 04/10/22 05:02 PM

Enjoyed the video. woot

Re: Bank fishing a quarry pond in San Antonio! - 04/12/22 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Enjoyed the video. woot

Thanks Laker One! Another one in the same place coming soon, but it's a 1 hour challenge video!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum