Texas Fishing Forum

Trout reports

Posted By: ifishlbj

Trout reports - 01/06/22 02:00 AM

Fished Hamilton Creek Park Lake in Burnet, Texas yesterday. There was a big turnout of fishermen. Very easy place to fish for trout. Plenty of space for everyone. Lots of tree limbs and holiday lights to hang up on. The big aerators were fish magnets. Had a great day! Caught my share of fish. I gave gave fish to folks that were keeping and released the rest for somebody else to catch

Today I fished the small lake inside Palmetto State Park. The lake is very small and shallow. My first time there. Enjoyed seeing and talking to Banker Always Fishing. Banker and Steve were about to leave when I got there at about 11:00. They left with 2 limits and I fished where they had been fishing. Again I gave fish away and released many more. There were quite a few folks fishing but it was orderly and I didn’t hear a cross word. I did hear a bit of grumbling. HaHa! I had. One of those epic days!

I don’t know the kids in the picture. The expressions on their faces said it all! They were both holding trout!

Re: Trout reports - 01/06/22 02:03 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Trout reports - 01/08/22 02:55 PM

That’s what it’s all about! Great job
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trout reports - 01/08/22 03:46 PM

Always a pleasure Sir. The best enjoyments fishing the trout stockings is meeting up with friends and knowing they are doing well. You were putting on a "Fishing Clinic" catching a fish with just about every cast! The anglers on the other side of the pond were just watching you and wondering what you were using for bait. Of course the trout catching lure for the Texas Rainbow Trout. The God Super Duper Lure! hooked Me and Steve went back Friday and easily limited out again. We also helped a father and son who were having a hard time catching em. Ended up giving them 6. Enjoyed meeting up with you, and I am sure we will be meeting up a lot more down the way. thumb

Side Note. The above picture is totally "PRICELESS" ! cheers

Re: Trout reports - 01/08/22 05:03 PM

I plan on fishing Hamilton Creek Park Lake another time or two before The Blue Hole gets fish next Friday. I’m not going to the Blue Hole until about 2:00 to avoid the morning stampede of folks. Then I’ll fish there until I can’t catch a limit. BH is about 15 minutes from our house.

Good to see y’all! Stay safe!
Posted By: Flags

Re: Trout reports - 01/08/22 06:41 PM

Seeing kids having fun fishing makes the heart soar.

Re: Trout reports - 01/16/22 09:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Fished 45 minutes before the Cowboy game started at Blue Hole Park. There were probably 100 people that I could see fishing. I gave away/released10 before I left. Epic!! The fish wanted a very slow moving gold SDL today. Great time as usual!

Re: Trout reports - 01/18/22 10:31 PM

Caught 10 more at the Blue Hole earlier today. Donated to a group that were not catch many.
Going to visit BHP tomorrow before the cold front arrives. Then I won’t fish there or anywhere for several days.
BHP HAS BEEN GREAT THIS SEASON!

BANKER, could I talk to you about smoking these beautiful fish? The cooking type smoking

Only lure I have used this season is gold SDL. Very. Very slow retrieve. The Chinese SD’s work just fine. They are packaged as Blue Fox Spoons. I did apply WTP DECORATIVE TAPE to the ones that I bought. Easy Peasy!

Re: Trout reports - 01/19/22 12:23 AM

A friend of mine smokes them and gives then back to me. I have a bag air sealed and frozen that I can give you the next time we meet up! They are awesome and go good with Wheat Thin crackers and cheese. Also good with crackers, hot sauce, and cheese. food

Side Note: Cherry and Apple wood can be used. The ones I have were smoked with Mesquite. thumb

Re: Trout reports - 01/19/22 12:30 AM

Sounds delicious. I assume he smokes them whole. Does he have a fancy smoker or does he improvise with a gas grille or charcoal grille? We do need to meet up. The trout season is winding down quickly!

Re: Trout reports - 01/24/22 02:11 AM

Still rainbows to be caught at a Blue Hole Park GTX. Had one limit in less than an hour. It’s amazing how slow the retrieve has to be. Gave away 6 rainbows and released a small bluegill in about an hour and 15 minutes. The usual tackle, lure and pattern. I had a great time!!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Trout reports - 01/24/22 02:25 AM

Caught over 40 today in Greenville... beautiful day!

Re: Trout reports - 01/24/22 02:29 PM

Ledeez , That’s an epic day! Good times!

Re: Trout reports - 01/24/22 03:51 PM

Still have good days here in South Central Texas and the hill country ! thumb

Re: Trout reports - 01/29/22 04:01 PM

Fished Live Oak Lake and Lost Maples, Blanco State Parks this week. Limited out all three places ! Gold Super Duper Lure and Berkley power bait were used. thumb

Side Note: Caught plenty C&R as well! hooked

Re: Trout reports - 01/31/22 12:23 AM

Greenville still super good! Caught lots today
Posted By: Lino_NTX

Re: Trout reports - 02/01/22 07:05 PM

What're some of the best spots on that Pond @Ledeez? Just in general. Thanks!

Re: Trout reports - 02/03/22 05:54 PM

West of the fishing pier side

Re: Trout reports - 02/09/22 05:06 AM

Any Rockwall reports?

Re: Trout reports - 02/11/22 08:52 PM

Rockwall is super good! Bite is hot! There ya go lazy fishermen... go getem!
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Trout reports - 02/13/22 07:41 PM

[url=http://stockertroutfishing.com/warren-sports-complex-trout-fishing-frisco-livestream/]Warren Sports Complex Trout Fishing #frisco #livestream[/ur/]

This round we fished Warren Sports Complex for the Trout Stocking in Frisco. Past years the tout were stocked at the Frisco Commons pond. This year and maybe going forward, the Warren Sports Complex was stocked.

The annual Trick A Trout Derby was held yesterday, but it sounds like the trout were stocked during the week instead of early Saturday morning.

The bite was slow with some limits observed; we suspect the change in temps - dropped 30 degrees from yesterday, had something to do with the slow down in the action.

Moreover, it is a big pond; more like a lake. Seemed like the trout were deep or lurking near the waterflow along the North bank - the one with the concrete retaining wall.

Do have video while we there; do check back!

Lots of wind noise; apologies.

Re: Trout reports - 02/13/22 11:24 PM

Frisco waste of time! Should went to scout my creek! I got blanked and didn’t see anyone catching in 3 hours
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Trout reports - 02/14/22 03:30 AM

Rockwall had plenty of catching last weekend. My daughter had one all the way to the bank and it come off. Saw a guy throwing a good spinner (like a Rooster tail) and he was catching ‘em. That little pond was producing. Sorry to hear Frisco was slow to nil. The creek bite was slow but some fish were moving in. Only landed 4 in 1.5 hours. They were all keepers. Good sized.

Re: Trout reports - 02/17/22 09:42 PM

Went back to Frisco yesterday and hammered the trout on gold super duper. Northeast bank around fishing pier

Re: Trout reports - 02/19/22 05:57 AM

Hammer time at Frisco today. Saw a guy pull out at least a 15”er out

Re: Trout reports - 02/20/22 12:17 PM

Towne Lake McKinney Fishing Trip Report 2-19-2022

Trout were liking inline spinners - specifically, Rooster Tails. Local Trout Derby (McKinney) was winding down but the trout were getting active. Rooster Tails as well as Power Worms were favored lures and baits.

Yours truly opted for Bait Finesse Systems style fishing casting a 1/16oz Rooster Tail to trout lurking mid-pond.

Fun times!

Re: Trout reports - 02/20/22 07:31 PM

Answering the mail... demo of the slow and steady retrieve that worked for trout yesterday. But, pattern changed for me today. Limited out with five but trout were striking on Silver Super Dupers fished slowly. Will post a follow-up video showing today's pattern.

Re: Trout reports - 02/21/22 02:56 AM

Yesterday, Trout wanted a Rooster Tail on a slow retrieve at the local pond. Today, they wanted a Silver Super Duper! Here is short demo on how we fished the Super Duper.

Posted By: fishinagain

Re: Trout reports - 02/22/22 04:34 PM

Caught my limit in about an hour yesterday. Ablon park-Garland. Gold super duper did the trick. Before and after
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Trout reports - 02/24/22 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by fishinagain
Caught my limit in about an hour yesterday. Ablon park-Garland. Gold super duper did the trick. Before and after
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice!

Re: Trout reports - 02/24/22 01:03 AM

This round I demonstrate the five steps I follow that helped me limit out on Trout. Do give it a try, and let us know how it worked for you!

Re: Trout reports - 02/26/22 03:58 PM

Beware of Bigger Fish Below...
Local trout derby scheduled today; rain and snow in the forecast. May need to stop by tomorrow instead of today. That said, there are bigger fish lurking in the pond. Be prepared to haggle with them over a fish or two!

Re: Trout reports - 02/27/22 02:04 AM

Everyone catching lots at Murphy today! thumb
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Trout reports - 02/27/22 02:41 PM

Anyone know why they changed the parking below Canyon Lake?

Re: Trout reports - 02/27/22 08:57 PM

After only a strike and a miss, decided to post a livestream while trout fishing at Murphy City Complex Pond. Saw lots of folks, with limits being taken on PowerBait and PowerWorms as well as lures. Gold Super Duper worked for some in the morning.

Later, Silver Super Dupers were getting bit. Key was to cast mid-pond , let the lure sink, and retrieve slow... much slower than the retrieve that worked last weekend in McKinney's Towne Lake.

Do check back, will get a video of the retrieve that worked for us and of the day's trip!

Re: Trout reports - 02/27/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by fshng84
After only a strike and a miss, decided to post a livestream while trout fishing at Murphy City Complex Pond. Saw lots of folks, with limits being taken on PowerBait and PowerWorms as well as lures. Gold Super Duper worked for some in the morning.

Later, Silver Super Dupers were getting bit. Key was to cast mid-pond , let the lure sink, and retrieve slow... much slower than the retrieve that worked last weekend in McKinney's Towne Lake.

Do check back, will get a video of the retrieve that worked for us and of the day's trip!

Here is the what worked today Silver Super Duper, 10 count, and slow... slow retrieve!

Re: Trout reports - 03/05/22 10:03 PM

Video of the action last Sunday a tMurphy. Tried the five steps detailed in another video. Looks like they worked! Just needed to find the pattern. Check out the video!

PS: Fished the Blue River in Oklahoma yesterday. Limited out as well. Trout were active with lots of trout caught using different techniques... bait finesse, fly fishing, bait fishing! Do check back, will get a trip video posted.

Re: Trout reports - 03/16/22 03:51 PM

Pebble brook in Sherman is on fire! Lots of trout… had a job in Sherman so thought I would stop by to check the small pond out where trout was stocked over a week ago and it was on fire!
Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

Re: Trout reports - 03/18/22 05:49 PM

I was thinking for trying McKinney Town Lake one last time. They report list 5500 18 days ago. If I hit trout gold I will report back.

Re: Trout reports - 03/18/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigJoeTx1212
I was thinking for trying McKinney Town Lake one last time. They report list 5500 18 days ago. If I hit trout gold I will report back.

Don’t waste your time
Go to Sherman
Lots of trout still there
Berkely corn was king

Re: Trout reports - 03/22/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ledeez
Originally Posted by BigJoeTx1212

Don’t waste your time
Go to Sherman
Lots of trout still there
Berkely corn was king

They were biting in Sherman on Saturday.

Here is a video short of yours truly trying to catch a trout or two after figuring out the pattern. Trout were wanting no retrieve, minimal movement... or a long pull and then hold while the fly sank. Used a Pat's Near Deere, and then a Pat's Rubber Legs. Will get the longer video posted later.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum