Texas Fishing Forum

Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one?

Posted By: VadaJoe

Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/27/21 02:37 AM

Can someone explain how a person makes the effort to haul a bunch of full beers out to a fishing spot but can't figure out how to carry a few empty cans back when they leave? WTF is wrong with these idiots?

It's not that f'n difficult. Pack it in, pack it out. I'll even say you can leave the used beer at the base of a tree if need be but pack out your damn trash.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/27/21 03:18 AM

cheers

And I agree.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/27/21 03:37 AM

A bad angler makes it bad for all of us. I have seen plenty of great bank fishing spots where the land owners did not mind people fishing there. But due to all of the trash being left behind those places are all POSTED with the land owners pre signing criminal trespass complaints if anyone is caught fishing on their property with out permission. Can't blame the land owners one bit!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/28/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
A bad angler makes it bad for all of us. I have seen plenty of great bank fishing spots where the land owners did not mind people fishing there. But due to all of the trash being left behind those places are all POSTED with the land owners pre signing criminal trespass complaints if anyone is caught fishing on their property with out permission. Can't blame the land owners one bit!

Have a buddy that owns land in central Texas on a river and will allow a few bank anglers on his land to fish. Only condition is that he hands them a trash bag and they have to return it with trash they find along the banks.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/28/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL

Have a buddy that owns land in central Texas on a river and will allow a few bank anglers on his land to fish. Only condition is that he hands them a trash bag and they have to return it with trash they find along the banks.

A great idea. flehan
Posted By: sapalmer

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/29/21 06:17 PM

I just pack a bottle of Crown Royal with me.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/30/21 02:56 AM

Bingo!
Posted By: 45er

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 12/30/21 02:41 PM

This became an almost tragic situation several years ago on the Guadalupe River below the dam. Evoke the death penalty for litter bugs and we'd all be happier! LOL (just kidding).
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 01/10/22 08:37 PM

I was always taught as a young lad to leave the land better than you found it; I passed that same lesson down to my kids. Personally, I think assaulting a litter bug should carry no penalty.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Is an empty beer can heavier than a full one? - 01/14/22 09:26 PM

I see it more and more these days. Fishing in general has gained popularity along with the population growth of the metro. It really is sad to see
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum