Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon)

Posted By: Hunyock

Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/03/21 01:08 AM

I'd heard Collin Park Marina was a good place to fish, anyone had any luck there? We drove over and checked it out a couple weekends ago and didn't see much of interest. Most of the shoreline was really shallow and we were told we couldn't fish from the docks. Spent 2-3 hours checking out different spots, but no bites.

Given the $9 entry fee ($3 for the vehicle, plus $3 each for 2 people), I didn't see any reason to go back for bank fishing. Did I miss anything?

Thanks,
Paul
Posted By: Coxcoinc

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/03/21 06:54 AM

It's slow on Lavon. But the ramp has been productive in past.
Posted By: Jonathan__S

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/03/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hunyock

Given the $9 entry fee ($3 for the vehicle, plus $3 each for 2 people), I didn't see any reason to go back for bank fishing. Did I miss anything?

Your experience was the same as mine, and we went during the summer when fishing conditions were good. The marina might be ok if you have a boat and can troll around. However, for a bank fisherman, the place isn't worth the price of admission, not even close. We won't be going back.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/03/21 05:43 PM

Spring would probably be better
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/05/21 10:28 PM

Look on a map and explore. There are some great bank fishing spots on Lavon you don't need to pay for.
Posted By: Hunyock

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/08/21 03:41 PM

Yep, been doing that. The marina was one of our stops that day.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Fishing at Collin Park Marina? (Lake Lavon) - 01/09/21 07:16 PM

I caught a Blue Cat out there a few years back that pushing 30+lbs. That was on the right side of that road if you take it all the way to the large parking lot area... Outside of that never had a lot of luck with quality of fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum