Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos below Granbury

Posted By: BrazosBully

Brazos below Granbury - 12/08/20 08:25 PM

Anyone have luck here? I have tried fishing for crappie, LMB, and sandies below the Lake Granbury dam and a bit further downstream. Have not had any luck, but have been told by one person that the catfish bite is good down there in the deeper holes. I have seen fish feeding on the top water, but they look mostly like buffalo eating bugs (maybe I need to breakout the fly rod).

Rigs that I have tried down there:
- Cork and jig
- Rattle traps
- TX rigged plastics

Would appreciate any advice / tips / stories

Had this guy sneak up 20 yards from me while wading in the river (see attached).

Attached picture deer.jpg
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 12/08/20 08:45 PM

Great photo!

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 12/08/20 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter22
Great photo!

Thank you!

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 12/10/20 03:31 AM

As an update:
Had a good strike on a cork and bobber setup... Did not have my drag set and the fish ended up getting off, but it looked like a decent sized crappie. Was using an orange and pink curly tail grub on 1/16th white jig head.
Saw a lot of buffalo again... Definitely bringing the corn next time.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 12/10/20 11:40 AM

Haven’t fished down there in a while, used to have a blast catching a little bit of everything

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 04/06/21 03:30 PM

Have been getting a mixed bag down there. The channel cats were caught yesterday, and the carp was in December. Have also caught a few crappie using a cork and jig--also some LMB have hit this setup.

Attached picture IMG_1908.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1477.jpg
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Brazos below Granbury - 05/17/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by BrazosBully
Have been getting a mixed bag down there. The channel cats were caught yesterday, and the carp was in December. Have also caught a few crappie using a cork and jig--also some LMB have hit this setup.

Nice fish. I've fished the Brazos below the Whitney and Possum Kingdom dams but never below Granbury. How far can you wade downstream and what kind of water depth are we talking about?
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum