Texas Fishing Forum

Deck Boots

Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Deck Boots - 11/16/20 05:18 PM

Anyone use short rubber boots like the Huk or XtraTuf deck boots when bank fishing? I mainly fish ponds that are easily accessible. The terrain would be short to medium height grass, some rock, and mud. I normally wear regular shoes but end up walking around with wet socks after a lot of wet grass or the occasional step into the mud. I wore my regular mud boots a couple of times but they are just too much. Just looking for something light and comfortable.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Deck Boots - 11/16/20 10:09 PM

I typically enjoy hiking to locations for fishing. I run in to situations where I need grip and somewhat waterproof for the exact same situations you mention. Wet grass, water runoff, muddy banks, etc. You can get you a good pair of water resistant hikers for under $100. I actually got me a pair of Addidas Terrex hikers for $20 at Sam's or Costco, can't remember which one. They have worked really well for me. Sam's has a pair of Eddie Bauer hiking boots online for less than $30. I may take a look at those myself or North Face has a paid of hiking boots online for $30 bucks including the Gore-Tex.

Just my 2 cents.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum