Texas Fishing Forum

North Dallas Pond Question

Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 07:32 PM

There is a pond located at Voss Rd and Park Grove Ln just north of Frankford Rd and west of the Tollway. There aren't any signs that say private property of a HOA or no fishing signs. Does anyone know if this pond is a community fishing pond or private property? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 08:17 PM

the way you can tell if it is public free fishing there will be a lot of cars an trucks there an folks lining up the banks yaks out there.
Posted By: CharlieMac

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 08:42 PM

I've scouted it out before and there are signs that it is not public/city park and for use of residents only. You can't see them on google maps so they must have added them recently.

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 08:45 PM

Kind of way I am asking. When I scouted it out there was nobody, no trash, no cars, really nothing. I parked and walked around a minute and some lady walking her dog ask me what I was doing. Usually you see a walmart bag and trash around if it's public fishing.

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 08:48 PM

Thanks CMac that explains why it was so clean. I must have missed the signs.
Posted By: CharlieMac

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 08:57 PM

I saw them down at the dam right as you walk up.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/10/20 09:50 PM

I've fished there. Caught some dinks and a really feisty bluegill.
It's really shallow, parts less than 1ft deep, and full of vegetation. One guy said the moss was so thick this summer they hired a company to dredge it.

Signs say it's not a public park and to pick up after your dog.

I don't plan on going back.
Posted By: courbple

Re: North Dallas Pond Question - 11/12/20 09:02 PM

Don't bother trying to fish this place. It's extremely shallow, and except for some bluegill doesn't hold much fish. Like Lee said, it gets terribly overgrown in the summer too.

Not worth the effort.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum