Texas Fishing Forum

POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds!

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 07/27/20 02:08 PM

What do you look for when fishing ponds? Here is what I look for and how I approach ponds or any body of water for that matter. Caught some good fish in new bodies of water applying these simple principles!

Anything specific you look for when walking the banks??

Enjoy!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 07/28/20 02:58 AM

Watched the video in the video section. Worth watching again. thumb
Posted By: Ryanfish

Re: POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 07/31/20 08:09 PM

Great video man, love it.

Agree with everything you said about what to look for. A lot of it is just gut for me too. Not always right but when I'm scouting out a pond if it just looks 'dead' to me, I'll try for a little bit but with little expectation and most times I walk away empty handed.

Re: POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 07/31/20 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ryanfish
Great video man, love it.

Agree with everything you said about what to look for. A lot of it is just gut for me too. Not always right but when I'm scouting out a pond if it just looks 'dead' to me, I'll try for a little bit but with little expectation and most times I walk away empty handed.

Ryan, thank you for that man! I really do appreciate the support and feedback. Yeah, ponds can be such a love hate relationship. You find the ones that make you want to fish all day every day and others you want to bang your head against a wall. I know what I look for will not always produce fish, but at least it somewhat puts some rhyme and reason to why I am making the casts ya know? Anyways, I am glad you enjoyed the video.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 08/02/20 12:50 AM

Great video and information. I would like to add one thing.
Try standing back from the edge and making a few cast. If you see bass shallow, they have all ready seen you and most likely will swim off and not bite.

Re: POND HOPPING!! What I look for when FISHING ponds! - 08/02/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by SteveStrasemeier
Great video and information. I would like to add one thing.
Try standing back from the edge and making a few cast. If you see bass shallow, they have all ready seen you and most likely will swim off and not bite.

Thank you for that! Yes, that is very true, I had done that earlier with the chatter bait, but was not having much luck. Definitely should have done that though with the other different bait I was throwing. I appreciate the feedback and am glad you enjoyed it!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum