Texas Fishing Forum

Banking Texoma

Posted By: JumpShot_25

Banking Texoma - 05/14/20 09:56 PM

Hello all, I am thinking about hitting texoma next weekend. I normally fish the 377 side (left fobb bottom) and (right side trails) that got shut off. I have not had much luck in recent years including denison dam looking for them elusive stripers. Not asking anyone to give out their secret spots but if anyone is willing to share some bank spots thats produced for them I would appreciate it.

We plan to go in the afternoon, try to hit the evening bite, camp thru the night until the morning bite then leave. Thank you in advance!
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/15/20 01:14 AM

The lake is 1 foot high and getting higher as the May rains keep coming.
Many bank spots are gone as the lake rises.
Better fish before the next round of storms on Saturday

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/15/20 02:46 PM

Thanks! will keep that in mind
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/15/20 03:27 PM

If your looking for Stripers, I would suggest finding Rocks to fish around Rock Points.
if you want to venture farther north, Caney Creek on OK side has some rocks to fish on. 12$ for a Texoma license.. good for anywhere on lake.. smile
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/15/20 03:30 PM

I have had a little luck fishing the point next to the free ramp on the way to Eisenhower State Park. Short hike, but not sure about overnight and what it looks like now with the water levels.

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/26/20 09:14 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Trip went pretty well, caught all species, stripers, whites, catfish, drum, carp. Used ghost minnows and mainly shad. Had a feeding freezing at sunset around 9 then the storm hit us on friday night. we had to hide in the car til 6am. Cloud cover and winds gave us a morning bite as well. Fish on!

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/27/20 04:10 PM

Where did you fish? Did you catch the bait or buy it from the gas station?
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/27/20 08:08 PM

Nice Catch!

I'm a little late to the party here but have you ever tried Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge? Drove up there with the family last week to get out of the house and its a nice place. Lots of people fishing off the platforms. At some point I want to get back up there for a fishing day and not just driving around.
Posted By: psalty

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/27/20 09:22 PM

Quite a variety. Is this a future marine stew/smorgasbord/gumbo ? stir

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/28/20 03:58 PM

We used a seine net aka "drag net" and also cast net from the bank to catch ghost minnows and shad

Re: Banking Texoma - 05/29/20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ou.sooner
Nice Catch!

I'm a little late to the party here but have you ever tried Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge? Drove up there with the family last week to get out of the house and its a nice place. Lots of people fishing off the platforms. At some point I want to get back up there for a fishing day and not just driving around.

Been out to Hagerman a few times to take the kids out hiking the trails. Most of the areas appear to be too shallow and the levels fluctuate from dry to only a few feet deep. Even if you Google fishing there you don't seem to pull up anything.
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Banking Texoma - 06/01/20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Originally Posted by ou.sooner
Nice Catch!

Been out to Hagerman a few times to take the kids out hiking the trails. Most of the areas appear to be too shallow and the levels fluctuate from dry to only a few feet deep. Even if you Google fishing there you don't seem to pull up anything.

Interesting - Thanks. Seemed like quite a few fishing the platforms. Maybe all the rain we had lately made it more fishable.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Banking Texoma - 06/03/20 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chiprat
If your looking for Stripers, I would suggest finding Rocks to fish around Rock Points.
if you want to venture farther north, Caney Creek on OK side has some rocks to fish on. 12$ for a Texoma license.. good for anywhere on lake.. smile

Mark this down for next year , late march thru mid may, this spot can be awesome. Daylight and dark , redfins or sassy shad. It can get crowded on weekends. I know people who drive from the Panhandle every year to camp and fish at Caney Creek .

MO

Re: Banking Texoma - 06/03/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
Originally Posted by Chiprat

Mark this down for next year , late march thru mid may, this spot can be awesome. Daylight and dark , redfins or sassy shad. It can get crowded on weekends. I know people who drive from the Panhandle every year to camp and fish at Caney Creek .

MO

I looked up Caney creek and i can see the rocks around that point. How far do the rocks go down? Will there be alot of snags if we are fishing the bottom?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum