Texas Fishing Forum

Pond Fishing Baits

Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Pond Fishing Baits - 05/11/20 06:41 PM

Have two ponds in our neighborhood that hold big fish LMB's ive caught up to just shy of 7 and spots up to 3lbs. Was out last week catching them deep in 15-20ft. Low and behold two days ago the HOA Loads it with copper sulfate and makes the water a nice pretty blue. What baits are y'all throwing in the clear ponds that get dyed blue?
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 05/11/20 11:32 PM

This is a very specified question, tantamount to asking what bait you'd use if you were fishing the canals in Six Flags.

I'm waiting to see some answers.

I can answer from experience, but I'd simply use the same baits I always used for bass, and probably jumble up the colors a bit more.

...-------
Posted By: Dyermaker504

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/15/20 03:30 PM

Just speaking anecdotally, I've had good luck with brown/black flake (pumkin?) 2" curly tail jigs in exactly the same type of water you're talking about, not 15-20' though more like 5'-10'.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/16/20 01:35 AM

They dye the ponds in the parks in Allen every summer. I have never found that the dye effects the fish. I throw the same stuff I always do and never have any trouble catching fish.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/16/20 02:55 AM

H&h spinnerbaits this time of year.. red shad zoom works Texas rigged= pescados right now
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/17/20 07:26 PM

Some big fat Night Crawlers! hooked
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/17/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

dance2 grin thumb
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/18/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Ol’ reliable. Night crawlers have never failed me yet, although it may not be as fun as catching them on plastics or lures.
Posted By: boardnxtx

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 06/23/20 03:31 PM

Over in Colleyville/Euless, I've been throwing bluegill colored swim jigs with a swim bait trailer, catch multiple each time I'm out. Water isn't clear, so can't speak to that, but it's working in normal conditions.
Posted By: IdRaTherBeCasting

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 09/23/20 01:01 PM

ive had good luck in ponds.... here are key baits you need and all will catch fish depending on the situation.. 1.powerworm blue fleck. 2. fluke watermelon. 3. chatterbait w minnow trailer. 4. early morning topwater ex. zara spook chugger.. buzzbait. topwater frog ... etc... 5. SENKO!! what a great bait... fished shallow or deep depending on the situation.... on a dropshot rig it is deadly.... 6. lucky craft 2.5 or kvd 2.5 crankbait
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Pond Fishing Baits - 09/25/20 05:48 PM

Throw lures that will move water so they can feel them, that's what does it in my ponds where they are permanently dyed. TX rig with big creature, big jig, chatterbait, spinnerbait, underspin, etc.

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum