Texas Fishing Forum

Ponds near Flower Mound

Posted By: LBKflycaster

Ponds near Flower Mound - 05/04/20 11:25 PM

Are there any ponds near Flower Mound that I could get a quick fishing fix in on those days when I can’t take the kayak out? I’d like to try the Bridlewood golf course ponds but something tells me that is a bad idea. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Ponds near Flower Mound - 05/05/20 10:33 AM

Find city parks with small ponds. Easy to locate on Google maps.
I stay away from private property. I'm looking to have fun, not get into it with property owners.
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Ponds near Flower Mound - 05/05/20 04:54 PM

I do the same thing when i can't take the kayak or boat out - or when i need to fish with younger kids who need to run around instead of sitting in a boat.

So the "best" (or at least most reliable) pond in flower mound is at Rheudasil Park - https://goo.gl/maps/SUtCBpbBqQUxwYpa6 - typically stocked with trout in winter and catfish in summer and has a decent number of bass around as well - they just finished revamping the whole thing to be more "fish friendly" 2 years ago and opened it back up to fishing this past winter. There are several smaller ponds on the various greenbelts that have resident populations of bluegill and possibly more though i've never checked. This year Rheudasil may not get the catfish stocking as that is usually part of kidfish and it has been canceled.

Heritage park pond also as some bass and panfish - but super small.

Outside of that - i'd recommend trying some bank fishing anywhere along the north shore trail into lake grapevine - if you are a flower mound resident with annual pass - the Twin coves park has a number of nice places to fish from shore. This time of year if you can go in the morning on any clear "point" you can usually nail a bunch of white bass and catfish as they follow the shad spawn.
Posted By: LBKflycaster

Re: Ponds near Flower Mound - 05/08/20 02:10 AM

Thank you Searsay!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum