Texas Fishing Forum

Bank huggers!

Posted By: Lovfldx

Bank huggers! - 03/20/20 03:11 PM

For the last couple weeks, bass and crappie have been moving closer and closer to the bank. Yesterday they were close enough to climb up out of the water and join me for a cup of coffee, lol. I did my best to help them exit their watery domain. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rain and wind doesn't seem to affect them at all. I fish between the raindrops, lol.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/20/20 09:04 PM

Nice haul sir. clap
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/20/20 09:22 PM

Yesterday was a lot nicer than today is. Glad your still catching them. Crappie are in the shallows right now and so were the catfish. In fact where I was fishing Monday the cats were beating the crappie to my minnows 6 to 1. Didn't matter filleting catfish is just as easy as filleting crappie but without the scales to clean up. Odd though I don't think I have ever seen the bobbers you like to use in a picture. I like the slip floats.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 02:40 AM

Nice fish Rudy! Good job Sir! thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 03:20 AM

Warm up the fryer.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 04:13 AM

Lots of good eatin on that stringer!
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 12:46 PM

Nice fish, just hope your practice reasonable harvesting. I live in a subdivision with a 10 acre pond. It gets a lot of pressure and if everyone harvested as many fish as you the pond would be totally wiped out in a week.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 01:21 PM

Beautiful stringer of great eating! This is the time of year to load up the freezer with fillets. I actually prefer the crappie and bass over catfish. Good job and keep up the good work!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 02:35 PM

Nice fish.

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 02:55 PM

Overharvesting is not a problem. Been fishing this little lake since 1970 and the quality of fish it produces has never gone down. It is part of the Irving flood control district with direct water pipelines to the Elm Fork. When those pumps are open, fish swim freely between lake and river. Besides, I practice CPR as much if not more than a great deal of fishermen on this forum. God and the city of Irving have a self re-stocking program, lol. And in addition, it's a ridiculously UNDERFISHED lake. It's been taken off most maps, not visible from the streets, and no direct road, path, or trail to the water. My kind of fishing hole.

Rick- they were biting yesterday too! Wind was brisk, straight out of the North, but the bass and crappie were still in the same spots they've been all week. Everything yesterday was cpr'ed, by the way!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/21/20 03:50 PM

Nicely done Rudy! cheers
Posted By: fishinagain

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/23/20 09:15 PM

Nice, as usual food

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/23/20 09:50 PM

I got me a drum today out of the Elm Fork in Irving that probably went 9-10 lbs. On a black/blue hollow body tube on a 16th oz jig head about 12 in Cher under a bobber in about 18 inches of water. Was looking for crappie.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/24/20 05:16 AM

Nice work Rudy
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/24/20 01:00 PM

Nice work Rudy
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/26/20 05:08 PM

Always enjoy seeing your posts. I always end up having to hit backspace when someone comments about over harvesting.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Bank huggers! - 03/28/20 03:22 PM

Great Job Rudy... Urban Fisher in your Prime.. smile

Re: Bank huggers! - 04/11/20 08:28 PM

Well, how about adding to the list of species hugging the bank. How about yellow bass and flat head catfish? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bank huggers! - 04/11/20 10:29 PM

Still nailing em. Awesome. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum