Texas Fishing Forum

Creek access & cross roads

Posted By: craftsmanbm

Creek access & cross roads - 02/21/20 03:17 AM

OK, sooo I know this is a lot to ask, but where is a good access place to Rowlett Creek ? Any place as I will be driving a long way. I have been looking on google earth and its a very long creek, Thank for any help, Billy
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/21/20 03:21 AM

Billy, why would you drive all the way from Fort Worth to rowlett creek? Plenty of good creeks in Fort Worth. Plus RC isn’t all it is hyped up to be. Trust me
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/21/20 06:16 AM

You can park at firewheel or Miller, that being said the fish aren’t really up the creek yet, at least not in numbers. I fish that creek about once a year just to say I went. There are a TON of much better places.
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/21/20 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by craftsmanbm
OK, sooo I know this is a lot to ask, but where is a good access place to Rowlett Creek ? Any place as I will be driving a long way. I have been looking on google earth and its a very long creek, Thank for any help, Billy

There are a bunch of creeks near ft worth that has a sandbass run. No need to drive all the way across the dfw. Unless you like combat fishing.
Posted By: shane87

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/22/20 03:48 PM

Its a great creek. A ton of people when the run is full swing. If you want to come out. Do it and let us know how you do. I have parked on Miller in the past.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/22/20 03:55 PM

I got a better question: Is there any place left to park and get legal access to Pecan Creek? Those new housing developments have really complicated a fairly simple issue. Help
Posted By: ZachW

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/22/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lovfldx
I got a better question: Is there any place left to park and get legal access to Pecan Creek? Those new housing developments have really complicated a fairly simple issue. Help

If there is, I hope no one posts it on here.
Posted By: Fishin' Fool

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/23/20 11:13 PM

@Lovfldx I used to live in that neighborhood. Those people go nuts about people parking down there. There are no places you can park to access the creek legally from that neighborhood without trespassing. I haven't found a place to park and walk in nearby either.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 04:16 PM

Hey Rudy! The cops started handing out tickets there last spring. There is ample parking along the east side of that road and you can walk east across nobody’s property into the woods and take the trail back up, but the cops or tow truck would still show up. Some of us tried parking at the lot by the basketball court and walking over into the woods and around and it was still a problem. Outside of running a boat up and walking, I don’t know what to do either. How’s the night bite over by the Walgreens?
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 05:34 PM

Havent fished it much lately bassman. It should start to get hot now that they are on their way back from the creek. The bridges get pretty good in march. Been occupied with the lower end of lake in my little boat, and also monitoring the Elm Fork for the coming sandbass run.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 05:45 PM

You can take uber
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
You can take uber

The issue is not the parking but the land between the road and creek from what I have heard.

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lovfldx
Havent fished it much lately bassman. It should start to get hot now that they are on their way back from the creek. The bridges get pretty good in march. Been occupied with the lower end of lake in my little boat, and also monitoring the Elm Fork for the coming sandbass run.

Good luck to you there. It’s nice either way

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/24/20 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Originally Posted by Bentman63
You can take uber

The issue is not the parking but the land between the road and creek from what I have heard.

That’s what they’re using yeah
Posted By: Tdot

Re: Creek access & cross roads - 02/25/20 03:50 PM

looks like to me people park at Woodland Basin Nature Center and walk. you can see the trail. There are a lot of trails along the creek. you have to find where to park and start walking or if you have a bike you can cover a lot more of the creek,
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum