Texas Fishing Forum

Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/02/20 04:47 AM

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting one of TFF's finest. I met Rudy aka Lovfidx who has been a member of the TFF since July of 2001. I have read many of his post and have seen many of his catches since I became a member back in 2010. Rudy has posted some "SUPER" catches of Large Mouth Bass, Crappie, Channel and Blue Catfish, White Bass, Bluegill, and other spices of fish. He has fished rivers,lakes,creeks, and ponds all over Texas! Rudy was in my neck of the woods attending a function in San Antonio and he contacted me about wanting to meet and possibly to some fishing. I could not turn down that offer plane and simple. Rudy arrived at my house and we took off to a local creek to do some "Perch Jerking"! The bite was slow but we managed to catch a few nice Bluegill and Redbreast. We saw a bunch of very nice Bluegill and Redbreast but could not get them to bite at all. Both of us lost BIG FISH that got off during the fight. We also saw one MONSTER Rio and he also did not show any interest in our baits. We also met with Rick aka Catyakker at the creek who was also having a slow day. It was a great pleasure to exchange fish stories with Rudy and watching him fish. He is truly a super person who loves the great outdoors! He also is one heck of an angler! We ended the day with a great lunch at the La Cabana Mexican Restaurant in beautiful downtown Cibolo! Making lasting friendships with some of God's best! It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Average Joe

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/02/20 09:00 AM

Looks like an awesome time!! Fish on!
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/02/20 11:17 PM

Awsome day weather wise...not sure why the bite was off. Sure was great to meet Rudy, and of course, Chuck is always fun to fish with. thumb
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/03/20 03:10 PM

Rudy is a legend! Always enjoyed reading his posts from around DFW. I haven't been on here in years, but I always think about his post when I think about bank fishing.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/05/20 07:14 PM

Sometimes it more about fishing and friends than catching fish. Great post. clap
Posted By: cellis

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/05/20 08:18 PM

The fish barely stood a chance with you two stalking them!
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/05/20 08:49 PM

We saw them, tempted them,, threatened them, For the most part, they won this battle. That little creek has some BIG fish in it, and lots of them. There WILL be a round 2!

Enjoyed every second of it, for the fellowship, the serenity and beauty, and the chance and hope of snagging one of those biguns swimming in front of us!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/06/20 01:44 AM

thumb keep on fishing on! Sounds like good times! cheers
Posted By: jsinn01

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/06/20 01:46 AM

How cool! I've read so many posts from both of you over the years. Keep it up.
Posted By: nathanhdz

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/11/20 08:49 PM

Very cool! Rudy is the real deal.
Super grateful for his friendship and willingness to teach/pass along what he knows.
I've found some of the most unexpectedly incredible little fishing spots right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city due to Rudy just being willing to give a little direction.

Great guy!
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/12/20 12:57 AM

thumb

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/16/20 04:51 AM

Thanks Guys for the replies. Lot of good people on this forum and looking forward to meeting a lot more! thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/16/20 07:04 AM

Rudy is just one of those guys that know`s his way around and just about every little out of the way fishin hole you can imagine in the DFW.
Just a GREAT Guy.Thanks for sharing Banker ! & WTG guy`s thumb
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/19/20 04:01 AM

Used to run into rudy at whiterock creek. Very nice man. Glad you two got to fish and eat cheers
Posted By: hadite81

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/19/20 05:19 PM

Banker,
first off, thanks for the kind comments on my video attempts!

I can't fish as much as I like, but it seems you folks are having a great time of it. I try to teach and mentor the younger folks when I can and am always looking for those that can teach me as well.
Would love to fish with you sometime. I am in SA and free pretty much all weekend. ( also can sneak out during the week on occasion)
Tight Lines!
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/19/20 05:30 PM

Awesome to see you guys catch a few during a tough day! thumb I think I ran into Rudy early in my fishing career (2 years ago) while I was chumming at Bachman

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 02/24/20 02:12 AM

Thanks Fishbonz, Bass Fro Chop, hadite 81, and TXMulti-Species, for the replies. cheers Hadite81. Hopefully one of these days we can meet up. Send me PM when you can make some time and maybe we can coordinate some times. thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/01/20 03:36 PM

Great pics! Looks like some fun times
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/02/20 07:40 PM

Awesome post! Glad you both caught some good fish and got to fellowship while fishing! cheers

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/08/20 04:04 AM

Thanks Fishbonz, Bass Fro chop, and hadite81, for the replies. cheers Habite81: Hope to meet up one of these days down the way! thumb
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/08/20 04:42 AM

thumb

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/12/20 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by chickenman
thumb

Thank you Sir for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/18/20 02:33 PM

I have read post and seen many fish caught by Lovfidx. He is a TRUE LEGEND of the TFF! woot

Side Note: The TFF is loaded with some GREAT people. It's a good source to meet some good friends. coolio

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/29/20 12:41 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. Yes Sir you meet the BEST on the TFF! thumb

Side Note: Can't wait until this Corona Vitus slows down and I can start making some long road trips! Glad my local spots are turning on! hooked
Posted By: pop r

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 03/31/20 04:26 PM

coolphotos You two or both TFF living Legends. I always enjoy your post and pictures.

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 04/04/20 11:09 PM

Thanks pop r for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 04/08/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Side Note: Can't wait until this Corona Vitus slows down and I can start making some long road trips! Glad my local spots are turning on! hooked

A lot of my spots have been closed. Still have some good ones to use. Work schedule has changed and instead of having three consecutive days off,I am now working one day on and one day off. Very grateful I have a good secured job!

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 04/11/20 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

A lot of my spots have been closed. Still have some good ones to use. Work schedule has changed and instead of having three consecutive days off,I am now working one day on and one day off. Very grateful I have a good secured job!

Hopefully we can get back to normal soon! cheers
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 04/12/20 11:58 AM

thumb

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 04/17/20 09:04 PM

Thanks Okie Poke for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 05/02/20 03:27 PM

Always a great post when you can read about other anglers meeting others in person from the TFF! Like you have said Chuck many of times "A lot of friendships have started on the TFF! Great post and thanks for sharing.

Side Note: How many people have you met as a result of the TFF?

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 05/10/20 09:21 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! I have met a lot of people off the TFF! To many to keep count! thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 05/16/20 01:25 AM

Banker your one of the most positive minded man I’ve seen, we are lucky to have you on here

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 05/23/20 02:06 AM

Thanks flee fly for the reply! cheers I give Jesus Christ all the credit. He was worked with me and continues to work with me on who I am! thumb

Side Note: Also I can honestly say that everyone I have met on the TFF in person has been a very positive person! This forum has some GREAT people! cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 05/30/20 02:56 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! I have met a lot of people off the TFF! To many to keep count! thumb

I kind of thought so!

Re: Meeting and Fishing with a TFF Legend! - 06/09/20 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

I kind of thought so!

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum