Texas Fishing Forum

Satisfiying a hunger

Posted By: white bass interceptor

Satisfiying a hunger - 12/30/19 08:01 PM

I cant wait any longer, the creeks are calling me. I plan on heading to Yegua and Nails Creek on Thursday or Friday. Any report would be appreciated. Can not wait on the rain any longer..
Posted By: jsinn01

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 12/30/19 10:05 PM

Wish I had better news. Fishing is slow on the Somerville creeks right now. Water is low. We need a good rain in a bad way. If you go your best bet might be to take a kayak up Yegua Creek and fish the deeper water near the mouth. Newman's Bottom is still closed so the only bank access is at Irwin Bridge, or from the WMA walk in at Nails Creek. Good luck if you go.

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 12/31/19 04:08 AM

Thanks Jsonn01, I will probably check out Rocky Point. I haven't heard any recent report on the spillway. I understand that fishing is slow allover. People are catching fish but nothing like we did a year ago. Its better to go and satisfy the hunger than not go and deal with the what if.

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 01/04/20 04:10 AM

I went to Rocky Creek park today but failed to do my homework and was not able to gain access because the park is still under repair. I went to two other locations and we had a successful outing. My brother and I ended up with ten nice cats. a twenty four inch gasper and a four and six pound hybrid. we threw back some small cats and black bass. hunger has been satisfied.
Posted By: jsinn01

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 01/04/20 05:22 PM

Nice. Sounds like you had a good day. 👍
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 01/04/20 06:44 PM

30 per cent chance next Thursday of rain but thats it for the 10 day forecast
Posted By: Yakker newbie

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 01/04/20 09:31 PM

Sounds like a good day fishing. I'm bringing my mother up tomorrow, and hopefully we can run into the same luck y'all had. Hoping for a few catfish for the frying pan.

Re: Satisfiying a hunger - 01/05/20 12:31 AM

yes we had a great day. I was hoping to catch a few whites and crappies. If we don't get the rain to give the creeks a good flow we will have to find them in the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum