Texas Fishing Forum

DFW Bank Fishing for Bass

Posted By: Tj_Ryan18

DFW Bank Fishing for Bass - 12/27/19 02:07 AM

Hey Everyone, I am moving to Farmers Branch in the coming months for school and I’m really looking for some places to catch some large mouth. Could any of you guys recommend any places to find sizable bass, as well as places with large populations of bass!
Thanks
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: DFW Bank Fishing for Bass - 12/27/19 08:39 PM

Don't go to Les Lacs Pond, only carp and catfish. Vitruvian has some but are difficult to find and catch. Josey ranch main pond gets pressure but you can definitely catch some any day, my first 5 pounder came from there. Lots of fish in rawhide creek (farmers branch library) but not much with good size. If you can make it over to north irving area by 114/635 thats the best areas I've found in the area. All the overflow ponds up and down right next to the river.

Eric
Posted By: Tj_Ryan18

Re: DFW Bank Fishing for Bass - 12/28/19 02:32 AM

Sweet man! I definitely appreciate it!!!
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: DFW Bank Fishing for Bass - 12/28/19 04:09 AM

Andrew Brown in Coppell is hit or miss, but fun when it hits. Expect to miss though.

Thomas Jefferson in Irving has lots of small bass. Easy to catch on small lures.
Posted By: DaBankFishamen

Re: DFW Bank Fishing for Bass - 02/29/20 09:59 PM

There used to be an amazing pond in Farmers Branch/Carrollton!

Everyone who fished there always CPR’d the bass. (Also due to HOA rules.)

One guy came in, fishing by himself for like 5 hours (according to the homeowners there) and took 10+ 3lb+ LMB home.

That place would ALWAYS produce 3lb+ LMB in the CITY!

I’ve been three times since, 0 bites.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum