Texas Fishing Forum

Tourt Stocking Question/Report

Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

Tourt Stocking Question/Report - 12/02/19 06:41 PM

Did or has anyone had a chance to fishing any of the trout stockings done on 11/27? I'm thinking of taking my grandson on 12/13 to Denton on it's next stocking. I'll give it a few test runs before that date but was wondering if anyone might have a report.
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: Tourt Stocking Question/Report - 12/04/19 01:15 AM

Can’t help you out with any personal reports. There is usually a guy up your way who posts quite frequently about fishing the stockers in the Freshwater discussion thread. I don’t see anything yet but reports should start showing up later this month. Good luck!
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Tourt Stocking Question/Report - 12/04/19 05:19 AM

I took my son to the Denton one on 11/27 - we limited for two in 1.5hrs right after stocking (we watched them get dropped in). My son had a blast and it was his first trip where he did it all end to end (winding line, tying rigs, and catching). They were striking super light on mousetails Carolina rigged with a 1/4 ounce weight (wind wouldn't let me go lighter). Bubblegum color was preferred 3 to 1 but they hit all 3 colors I had on me. No one else was having much luck though - out of the thirty some-odd people only two other trout that I saw caught in that time. Was the magic/lucky combo of rig, color, and cork strike indicators (made it easy for my son to see when he got a bite). Gave stuff out to some young guys when I left who asked for tips/tricks. It is/was really muddy though - due to how full that pond is. You should be fine if it doesn't rain until the 13th - but if it rains anytime in the 2-3 days prior you'll want to wear boots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum