Texas Fishing Forum

I must be a terrible fisherman

Posted By: Sirjet

I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 01:01 PM

Due to certain thing out of my control. I was able to fish last Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and yesterday. 4 different lakes, and a very little to show for it.
Is anyone else struggling to get a fish or two. i fished Tawakoni for crappie and catfish. I fished Cedar creek for Catfish. I fished Bardwell for crappie. and yesterday I fished Bridgeport for anything. Caught a bunch of babies. But nothing to brag about. mad mad
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sirjet
Due to certain thing out of my control. I was able to fish last Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and yesterday. 4 different lakes, and a very little to show for it.
Is anyone else struggling to get a fish or two. i fished Tawakoni for crappie and catfish. I fished Cedar creek for Catfish. I fished Bardwell for crappie. and yesterday I fished Bridgeport for anything. Caught a bunch of babies. But nothing to brag about. mad mad

I assume you were on the bank?
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 01:33 PM

Yes. it was a little to windy for me to get out on my Kayak.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 02:04 PM

The creeks are heating up. I will be walking the banks next week with a jig and bobber.

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
The creeks are heating up. I will be walking the banks next week with a jig and bobber.

So, I know the crappie hit the creeks for spawn. But, they also hit the creeks in the fall?

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

So, I know the crappie hit the creeks for spawn. But, they also hit the creeks in the fall?

Yup! Crappie are in the creeks from the first frost/freeze till early may. They are deeper in the winter than in the spring.

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 02:51 PM

I may just try that as well.. I need to find some creeks

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/29/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
I may just try that as well.. I need to find some creeks

Most feeder creeks will have them. They are in them now. I love that jig and bobber bite.
Posted By: Synstars

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 10/30/19 04:09 AM

I may be a n00b fisher but I been struggle bussing as well. Went out 3 days for about 3hrs per day and only got a hand full of LMB and they were umm small lol
Posted By: FishHarder

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 01/16/20 03:44 PM

Hell, I've been fishing all my life and still don't do that well. That's why my forum name is FishHarder. If you can't fish smart by god, fish harder.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: I must be a terrible fisherman - 01/23/20 01:01 PM

I've been struggling myself, but my problem as of late has been mobility.
Not being able to walk the banks in order to find that honey hole has restricted me to areas that I can easily access, and those areas are not always the best spots being either too shallow, or over fished by others, and in most cases someone already there.
Stay after it if you can still walk the banks, and be thankful you still can!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum