Texas Fishing Forum

Bank Fishing for Crappie

Posted By: nathanhdz

Bank Fishing for Crappie - 07/31/19 08:30 PM

Feels like a long shot, but have any of y'all had any luck lately in the heat of the summer bank fishing for Crappie?
My brother just moved here from El Paso, and I wanna show him what that thump feels like, however, we've only got access to banks. No boat.
Thank you!
Posted By: jsinn01

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 07/31/19 09:07 PM

Do you have any access to boat docks, maybe a local marina, at night under lights? That might be a good place to start.
Posted By: nathanhdz

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 08/02/19 03:10 PM

Thanks man! There are a few boat docks and fishing docks at White Rock, but numbers are very limited when I've gone.
Posted By: Pop751

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 08/02/19 04:23 PM

There is someone on the forum that leases a boat slip on Lewisville lake and allows guys to buy in. Maybe if they're willing you could buy a one time guest slot. I'm not speaking for anyone because I don't know who it is or whether they would entertain that idea, but I thought I would throw it out there.

fish
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 08/02/19 09:34 PM

The opportunities are there, albeit few and far between. The best places to try are spillways that are releasing water, you might have a little luck under bridges if you can cast to the pilings with a minnow and slip bobber, I would personally suggest that you try some ponds. The bank fishing for crappie should start to heat up a bit in October.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 08/05/19 02:51 AM

Caught a few from the bank today on lavon with double rig minnows on the bottom. Wind died about 10ish. Point with a flat nearby. They were not shallow. 15-18 deep.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Bank Fishing for Crappie - 08/05/19 07:58 PM

Find any pond or lake with a dock and set up a floating light or a lantern close to the water. This will attract minnows and will bring in the crappie.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum