Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Piers

Posted By: JJ4MEL

Fishing Piers - 07/01/19 05:35 PM

Wanted to get opinions on everyone's favorite fishing piers. I like to fish at night with the kids and banking can be tough sometimes so I like to explore pier fishing. So what's your favorite in North Texas? Excluding Lewisville barge.

Eisenhower State Park Texoma: This pier is good late at night for small stripers and bass.
Lake Lavon Dam: I really enjoyed fishing the tailrace here in the past. Last few times I went it was trashed and smelled of urine.
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Fishing Piers - 07/02/19 01:43 AM

Been some time since we last fished it but really liked the pier at Bob Sandlin!
Posted By: Jr.

Re: Fishing Piers - 07/04/19 09:12 PM

I haven't fished it in a while but Purtis Creek was always a good time for pier fishing especially at night
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing Piers - 07/06/19 04:23 PM

Have not fished a dock in awhile. Most of the time I am on a bank! thumb

Side Note: Best docks I have ever fished I called them the "Trophy Docks" which were on Lake Dunlap! Two very simple docks that were side by side. For some reason BIG FISH always stayed by them. I caught my biggest Rio there! cheers
Posted By: FishinGlenn

Re: Fishing Piers - 07/06/19 05:51 PM

Stewart Creek Park in the Colony has a fishing pier.
Posted By: Fish Comedian

Re: Fishing Piers - 07/06/19 10:57 PM

Lake Cooper has a couple of piers in the South park portion , but as I type this I think they are flooded and can not be accessed at this time. Good info to keep in mind. Would catch eater cat fish there with the kids when we went years back One pier crosses across the whole cove so you can fish out towards the lake or back to the shore.. Call the park for more info. Good Luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum