Texas Fishing Forum

Plano ponds

Posted By: Lil' Bass

Plano ponds - 03/17/19 10:50 PM

Has anybody gone to Frisco Commons Park after the trout stocking? I went there and got skunked back to back times. Please share your experience with me.
Posted By: ckcrew

Re: Plano ponds - 03/18/19 11:12 PM

you wont be able to catch trout at Frisco commons. they are pretty much fished out in a few weeks after the stocking. there are lots of tiny bass in there. and good number of 1 to 2 lb bass. every now and then you can catch a 3 to 4 lber. I like the fact that the water stays crystal clear most of the year there.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Plano ponds - 03/20/19 04:32 PM

That pond has some cool looking fish in it. I would suggest going out there with a fly rod and see what you can get. I have seen some funky looking perch/sunfish and I believe I have seen a few Koi or large goldfish someone may have thrown in it. Just try to get out there before the turtles get too thick.

Re: Plano ponds - 03/20/19 10:05 PM

Hi guys! Thanks for sharing. I've also went bass fishing there one time in the evening but caught nothing. Do ya'll have any experience recently in Oak Point Nature Preserve?
Posted By: TheGoat

Re: Plano ponds - 04/06/19 02:40 AM

Oak point has crappie and bass in it. Frisco commons does have some big bass. Ive had the best luck at FC on weightless flukes and whopper ploppers and frogs.
Posted By: zenmic

Re: Plano ponds - 04/19/19 03:00 AM

I need to try Frisco Common with my fly rod. I have seen some folks catch thing there on small crappie jigs as well as with live bait. As for Oak Point Nature Preserve, I have seen many people fish for catfish and an occasional bluegill, white bass, and crappie. When I first move here, I went to Oak Point Nature Preserve to practice my fly casting to get ready for the season. I had a little bead-head nymph on and I had a bluegill on just about every cast.

Re: Plano ponds - 04/28/19 12:19 AM

I don't have or plan to fly fish, but I went to Oak Point again today. My dad said he got a bite with a big fish on but lost it right at the bank. We know there are a good amount of fish here, but still need to catch one......

Re: Plano ponds - 04/28/19 12:22 AM

I'm not too confident about Catfish still being in there since it was stocked 2 years ago. I don't know for sure though because I don't bother to try.....
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Plano ponds - 04/28/19 11:52 AM

Oak Point has been my nemesis since I first starting fishing the Plano/Richardson/Garland/North Dallas area.

It's kicked my tail.

This topic has given me motivation to challenge it again. I won't fail!

Addendum: My main ponds around here are at Breckenridge off Renner Rd. Sometimes they sucker punch me as well.

...------

Re: Plano ponds - 05/04/19 11:21 PM

I went to Oak Point this afternoon. People nearby were catching mini Catfish with chicken livers, but nobody Bass. I have gotten tricked by Bass once again. Got skunked.

Re: Plano ponds - 05/04/19 11:21 PM

Beautiful day though

Re: Plano ponds - 06/09/19 03:08 PM

I'm thinking about giving this a try later this week.

I'm a glutton...

...------

Re: Plano ponds - 06/10/19 03:31 PM

Please let me know how you do there!

Re: Plano ponds - 07/04/19 04:57 PM

Went to Russell Creek Park this morning. Caught no fish, but found a few lures dropped on the ground. This place hasn't been so good lately.
Posted By: Ricardo1252535

Re: Plano ponds - 07/10/19 10:17 PM

What baits were you using at Russell Creek Park? I caught 3 bass on Sunday using a Ned rig on the side of the pond which is closest to the parking lot.
Posted By: Zedteamk2

Re: Plano ponds - 07/30/19 03:53 AM

Frisco Commons. I havent had much luck, but i have seen some nice looking fish in it. I think there are some Koi as well

Re: Plano ponds - 07/30/19 05:10 PM

to this day I haven't caught a fish there. It's good for trout in the winter though.
Posted By: fowl hookd

Re: Plano ponds - 08/01/19 06:46 AM

caught 3 last week. [Linked Image]

Re: Plano ponds - 08/01/19 03:31 PM

Was that at Frisco Commons?

Re: Plano ponds - 08/04/19 10:57 PM

Has anyone here ever had any luck with a Zoom U-Tale worm? I've been fishing with it but no luck.......
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Plano ponds - 08/05/19 12:30 AM

I've had luck with them on a weightless Texas rig

Re: Plano ponds - 08/05/19 02:33 AM

Thanks. Good to know they work

Re: Plano ponds - 09/18/19 05:09 AM

This is one from late August. I had about 2 hours to kill on a Saturday morning and decided to hit Oak Point Park off of Jupiter. The water level was REALLY low, so I was shocked that anything would bite. There were a few folks kayaking there. I did get one with my fly rod. I was tossing a little midge.

[Linked Image]

Re: Plano ponds - 09/21/19 03:55 AM

thank you very much for sharing. I'm thinking about just fishing for sunfish mostly at Oak Point because I'm finding catching Bass and Catfish there very hard. I went there this evening and the water level was low as you said. Be careful at Oak Point Park!!!! I saw a scorpion and a big spider today while fishing!
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Plano ponds - 09/21/19 12:26 PM

I’ve caught a few tiny bass at oak park. But lock your car up. My wife had her wallet and phone stolen out of the car. We were just there for about an hour.

Re: Plano ponds - 09/21/19 07:28 PM

thanks for the car advice. the scorpion was by the way probably just a crawfish or crab now that I remember, but still be very watchful!!

Re: Plano ponds - 10/06/19 05:55 AM

I will be at Russell Creek Park tomorrow morning. I will either be flailing around with my fly-rod or switching it over to some ultra-light spinning.

Re: Plano ponds - 10/11/19 10:51 PM

Please let me know hw you did!!!!

Re: Plano ponds - 10/11/19 10:51 PM

I always like to hear people's catches in parks

Re: Plano ponds - 12/25/19 06:55 PM

Went to Russell Creek Park yesterday. Didn't catch any fish, but saw a large school of minnows under the dock. Fished with a Texas-rigged Zoom U-tale worm.

Re: Plano ponds - 12/26/19 03:52 PM

A car break in and theft at Oak Point?
So sad...must have been an opportunist. I've never heard of break ins there before.

...------
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum