Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12?

Posted By: zmontoux

Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 11/11/18 03:54 AM

32°51'25.4"N 96°54'23.6"W

Always has looked good passing by
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 11/11/18 04:42 AM

All water looks good passing by, lol. Never tried but have seen a few anglers there. Be careful around that area!
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 11/11/18 05:18 PM

Most probably those areas are flooded due to water release from Lake Lewisville dam
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 11/11/18 05:29 PM

Tons of fish in them. When the river floods it stocks them with fish. Walk the bank in the spring with a jig and bobber and hold on. Right now they will be flooded. The only problem is it is not in the best area and you need to be alert.
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 12/08/18 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TXMulti-Species
All water looks good passing by, lol. Never tried but have seen a few anglers there. Be careful around that area!

When I was young and dumb I would drive between the two ponds and park my truck under the bridge and ride my inflatable raft down the river and come back up with an old sears outboard
Good ol' days.
Posted By: Bine

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 12/24/18 10:39 PM

For me, those coords drop a pin in a small pond behind what may be a landscape company. I've not fished there, but I did try the large pond across Loop 12, behind Technology Blvd. It was a Sunday afternoon maybe 2-3 years ago. I didn't catch anything. Got snagged some.

It also felt a bit sketchy and was kind of trashy. A lot of what would be great access is fenced off. There's a wedding and event business called Luxury on the Lake there. Looks like they are trying to use part of the shore for pictures or events. They also rent limos, which were parked outside with no fence around them. There were cameras. Still though. I'm not sure what I rolled up on when I was hunting a second spot, but the two dudes in the white van did not seem to like me being there. Heck, they might have thought I was the sketchy one.
Posted By: high planes drifter

Re: Anyone ever fish this spot in dallas off Loop 12? - 12/30/18 07:32 PM

I've caught some small bass there from my kayak; nothing of any great size. But the area is sketchy, so just be careful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum