Texas Fishing Forum

Simple Question...

Posted By: Indianation65

Simple Question... - 06/25/18 03:10 PM

What time of day are you cats hitting the bank?

Is there any time you avoid?

...------
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Simple Question... - 06/25/18 03:21 PM

I been trying to get in a some early fishing at the ponds. Seems like the bite is over by like 10-10:30am but its getting hot by then anyways. Daylight until about 10am seems to be the ticket. Last year I did some night fishing at the ponds and did pretty good from like 9-midnight moon will be full probably by this next weekend which will help to see in the dark a little.

Re: Simple Question... - 06/25/18 03:54 PM

I may go out soon, very hot, humid, just to test some ponds in Richardson. I'll report back...

...------

Re: Simple Question... - 06/25/18 07:38 PM

Hot with no luck.

There were 3 other people fishing...they got nothing either.

I'll try next time early morning or evening.

...------
Posted By: sae

Re: Simple Question... - 06/25/18 09:16 PM

My dock is in 3ft to 8ft of water.cedar creek is very clear rt. now. night time, first 2 hrs. of light and last2 hours oflight, you might git bit. high brite sun nooooo.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Simple Question... - 06/25/18 10:02 PM

I pretty much avoid the heat of the day. 12ish to 6ish.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Simple Question... - 06/26/18 04:09 PM

I like go in the morning and call it a day around 11am-12pm just in time for a cold beer and some lunch eek
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Simple Question... - 06/26/18 06:21 PM

Sunup till around 11am! thumb Also night fishing is good from 11pm until about 3am. cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Simple Question... - 06/26/18 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: sae
My dock is in 3ft to 8ft of water.cedar creek is very clear rt. now. night time, first 2 hrs. of light and last2 hours oflight, you might git bit. high brite sun nooooo.

Plus #1. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Simple Question... - 06/27/18 02:25 PM

Early morning and night fishing under the lights! Beat the heat.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Simple Question... - 06/27/18 03:46 PM

9pm - 1am. I have been fishing dams lately so the heat really hasn't been affecting the fishing too much.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Simple Question... - 06/27/18 09:43 PM

I go when I can.
Sometimes I sweat my butt off.

I prefer 6a-11a if I have the option.

Re: Simple Question... - 08/23/18 04:53 PM

There was a topic a few months back that addressed what I'm about to address, "no luck and not good," but I cannot find it, so here goes.

The last few times I went bank fishing, "fishing in decent ponds that I know have plenty of fish," I've had NO luck, "Zero," and it's been very frustrating. I'm doing what I've learned over the last couple years, and I've got very nice quality gear, but, to put it bluntly, lately I blow!!

Therefore, I've just about resigned myself to taking a year off, not renewing my license, and just doing other things, like trail-bike riding and crashing. I'm pretty good at that!

Carry on! Blow-away! IN65

...------
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Simple Question... - 08/23/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Indianation65
There was a topic a few months back that addressed what I'm about to address, "no luck and not good," but I cannot find it, so here goes.

The last few times I went bank fishing, "fishing in decent ponds that I know have plenty of fish," I've had NO luck, "Zero," and it's been very frustrating. I'm doing what I've learned over the last couple years, and I've got very nice quality gear, but, to put it bluntly, lately I blow!!

Therefore, I've just about resigned myself to taking a year off, not renewing my license, and just doing other things, like trail-bike riding and crashing. I'm pretty good at that!

Carry on! Blow-away! IN65

...------

If licenses expired on 12/31 then they would get very little renewals before March. It's super hot and August. Those fish are suspended deep and keeping cool. Just like in February fishing is hard during the extremes. Before you know it, temps will be going down and fishing will be turning on before winter. That's probably the reason for 8/31 expiration.
Posted By: captain belly

Re: Simple Question... - 09/10/18 11:17 PM

Always late late evening, and really...... through the night. This summer, however, has really sucked due to the heat!

Re: Simple Question... - 09/11/18 04:06 PM

Honestly, I have only been fishing for the last few years.

I did fish a bit as a little kid up in North Iowa years ago, but as an adult, only recently did I start back.

I don't know a ton about fishing, and would never have guessed that excessively hot weather interferes with fishing in cold ponds. Once they go deeper, I'd surmise they'd still bite as normal.

I just thought I was terrible at fishing. I've still got work to do, but I still may take a year's break.

...------
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Simple Question... - 09/12/18 09:01 AM

Cold ponds? You're in Richardson, tx right? What cold ponds are you referencing if you don't mind? As a general rule, once the temp gets in the high 80s or hotter, I would suggest fishing 2-3 hours during sun up or sun down. Overnight fishing is always an option in the hot days. Granted..you CAN catch fish in the middle of the day, but unless you can cast out to a very deep hole, it's simply better to fish at the coolest points of the day.

"but I still may take a year's break."

Wrong...wrong time of year to even think of that. The fishing season is just about to start! I'd say start mapping out where you want to fish, learn the structure, find your bank locations and get ready for the cooler weather which is going to turn the fish on big time. Cut bait, live bait, works good in the coming months.

Re: Simple Question... - 09/13/18 06:37 PM

Mr. dunsie,
Thanks and much appreciation!

...!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum