Texas Fishing Forum

White Rock Bank Fishing

Posted By: fruitpieisgoodeatin

White Rock Bank Fishing - 05/05/18 01:51 AM

I have never had any luck at white rock as i have fished off the fishing piers for years.. Last sunday i did some bank fishing and landed 2 large (for white rock) cats. I was taking one fish off the hook and I had to get waist deep in the water to retrieve my other reel as I had a fish on it also.

Bottom fishing with DK punch bait and the other had a hot dog/strawberry jello combo.

I have lived in dallas for 30 years and never really expected to catch fish of that size out there. One was about 5 pounds and the other about 8-10 lbs..

anyway...
Posted By: spazm09

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 05/07/18 03:05 PM

nice job. I've never had much luck out there either so I stopped going.
Posted By: TimthePoolMan

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 05/12/18 09:53 AM

I have landed some decent cats at White Rock after a big rain when the creek is up and running. I use worms dipped in stink bait, park at Mockingbird.
Posted By: pop r

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 05/13/18 12:26 AM

welcome
Posted By: justhrowit

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 06/28/18 05:47 PM

Got some sewage headed our way on WRL

https://www.wfaa.com/video/news/250000-g...ake/287-8173773
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 06/28/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: fruitpieisgoodeatin
I have never had any luck at white rock as i have fished off the fishing piers for years.. Last sunday i did some bank fishing and landed 2 large (for white rock) cats. I was taking one fish off the hook and I had to get waist deep in the water to retrieve my other reel as I had a fish on it also.

Bottom fishing with DK punch bait and the other had a hot dog/strawberry jello combo.

I have lived in dallas for 30 years and never really expected to catch fish of that size out there. One was about 5 pounds and the other about 8-10 lbs..

anyway...
PM sent
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 07/12/18 07:35 PM

____
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 07/13/18 10:55 PM

Too hot! Wait till Fall.

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 07/14/18 07:30 PM

Has the nasty problem been resolved on White Rock Lake Yet? Specificaly around the Old Water Pump area?
Posted By: CurlyTailFishing

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 08/03/18 07:16 PM

To answer @Fishbonz question, the nasty 1,000,000 gallon spill that happened in Plano's White Rock Creek has been contained before reaching White rock Lake.

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 08/03/18 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: NTXAndrewK
To answer @Fishbonz question, the nasty 1,000,000 gallon spill that happened in Plano's White Rock Creek has been contained before reaching White rock Lake.
banana bannana2
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: White Rock Bank Fishing - 08/05/18 09:28 PM

Good thing we in the middle of a drought.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum