Texas Fishing Forum

Banking For Stripers?

Posted By: K.G

Banking For Stripers? - 04/30/18 08:19 PM

I Need Someone Too Drop A Little Knowledge On Weather I Should Use A Spinning Combo Or Baitcast Combo For Bank Fishing For Stripers.
I will Be Useing 10lb. Braid Or 50lb. Braid {Not Sure About That Either.}
Any HELP Would Be GREATLY Appreciated And TIGHT LINES Too All The TFF Bank Fisherman.thumb
Posted By: MrDang

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 05/01/18 05:40 AM

Depends on where you fishing on the bank. If they close up 7ft rod with 10lb braid is good enough. If they a little far out use a 8-11 ft rod to cast farther 10-15lb braid line.
Posted By: Basshoe

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 05/05/18 04:37 AM

Go with a surf rod. 9'-12'. 4000-6000 size spinning. with 30# braid.
Posted By: CurlyTailFishing

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 06/15/18 10:38 PM

Any spots in North Texas for Striper fishing?
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 06/16/18 04:59 PM

Texoma may be your best bet.
Posted By: Dyermaker504

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 08/02/18 02:02 AM

I've been wanting striper now that I'm close to LL. I accidentally hooked one on a $1 walmart buzzbait one morning near Tower Bay, but I was using 8lb floro and totally did not play it right for the line. Since I've been back with the right gear I haven't found them near the points. I work days now though and can't hit mornings easily, so that might be part of it.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 08/06/18 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Dyermaker504
I've been wanting striper now that I'm close to LL. I accidentally hooked one on a $1 walmart buzzbait one morning near Tower Bay, but I was using 8lb floro and totally did not play it right for the line. Since I've been back with the right gear I haven't found them near the points. I work days now though and can't hit mornings easily, so that might be part of it.

Just an FYI, Lewisville has Hybrid Stripers not actual stripers. For pure stripers gotta go out of DFW.

Eric
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Banking For Stripers? - 08/09/18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Basshoe
Go with a surf rod. 9'-12'. 4000-6000 size spinning. with 30# braid.

I second this advice although we fish with 17# Andes mono and have hauled in tons of big stripers below Denison Dam.

Edited to add: Below Denison Dam when they are generating is still one of the best places to striper fish. In fact, several members here met with my son for a mini-tournament the Friday after Thanksgiving several years ago. We all had a lot of fun even though the really big fish did not show up that particular day.

On the Texas side when they are generating, you will need to cast beyond the swift water into the pocket they call the shoe. Otherwise, cast up into the "hole" which is where the water comes out through the generators. Many times you can actually see big fish resting there out of the current in the show. On the Oklahoma side when they are generating cast to the seam where the swift water ends and you are out of the current. Hang on to your rod because many times fish will hit it as it will never hit the bottom.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum